Home > Referrals > New idea... for me anyway!!!

New idea... for me anyway!!!

I’ve just had an idea to generate referrals, please let me know what you all think.

The concept is to share my perspective and experience in a way that adds value to my existing customers and anyone they refer me to. The plan involves me writing a 10 page, “How To Buy a ___________ eGuide”. From there I’ll ask my existing customers if I could give a copy of this to 2-3 of their friends as a helpful guide designed to save money and make the next purchase of a _______________, a more informed and enjoyable experience.

I’ll ask them by email and get them to reply to me and CC, their 2-3 friends. From there I’ll send them all the eGuide and get them to opt in to my newsletter etc.

On the surface of it I think this will work, feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Snowman - by Tony Dunne
good idea snowman
a good way to network and generate referrals
lets know how it goes;sm - by Muzza
The plan involves me writing a 10 page, ďHow To Buy a ___________ eGuideĒ. From there Iíll ask my existing customers if I could give a copy of this to 2-3 of their friends as a helpful guide designed to save money and make the next purchase of a _______________, a more informed and enjoyable experience.

Iíll ask them by email and get them to reply to me and CC, their 2-3 friends. From there Iíll send them all the eGuide and get them to opt in to my newsletter etc.

I think it's a great idea! I had thought of the e-guide, but not using it as a referral tool. You may have to add some specific legal wording to the email to keep it from being considered spam, but the idea has real possibilities.

Pam - by LadySmith
A beautiful idea! I have thought of an e-guide, or even an e-zine. How does one go about starting an e-zine? I don't mean the writing part, but the distribution.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill - by Bill_Kistner
Iíve just had an idea to generate referrals, please let me know what you all think.

The concept is to share my perspective and experience in a way that adds value to my existing customers and anyone they refer me to. The plan involves me writing a 10 page, ďHow To Buy a ___________ eGuideĒ. From there Iíll ask my existing customers if I could give a copy of this to 2-3 of their friends as a helpful guide designed to save money and make the next purchase of a _______________, a more informed and enjoyable experience.

Iíll ask them by email and get them to reply to me and CC, their 2-3 friends. From there Iíll send them all the eGuide and get them to opt in to my newsletter etc.

On the surface of it I think this will work, feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Snowman
I think your plan has a lot of possibilities. How often are you going to be writing your newsletter that the referrals will be opting in to....weekly, monthly? It would make a difference to me because some places send them so often that it is a nuisance. Let us know if you do this and how it works for you. - by ozzie
A beautiful idea! I have thought of an e-guide, or even an e-zine. How does one go about starting an e-zine? I don't mean the writing part, but the distribution.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Driving traffic to a website is an art, whether it is an ezine, a corporate sales site or a blog. Distributing is easy with a list of subscribers, You can simply mail the front page to each subscriber with links to stories on other pages. Building the list of subscribers is basically the same as driving traffic to the web site. If you have an email list, you can start with an invitation to each person on your list to subscribe to your ezine. After that, you can build on that with word of mouth, banner ads, search engines, your web address on your business cards, and so on. The list of ways to build your subscription list is as endless as your own creativity. - by rlabston
I think your plan has a lot of possibilities. How often are you going to be writing your newsletter that the referrals will be opting in to....weekly, monthly? It would make a difference to me because some places send them so often that it is a nuisance. Let us know if you do this and how it works for you.
The eGuide is a one off thing and the newsletter is monthly.

The offer of the free eGuide is to get their email address and I’ll then send them a link to the get the eGuide. At that stage they’ll have to opt in to actually get it…. - by Tony Dunne
Selling ebooks or just giving it for free really brings in lot of clients and referrals. - by mtajim
I donít want to sell the eGuide, just use it to generate referrals.

Snowman - by Tony Dunne
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.