Home > Marketing > what tools are need to prospect

what tools are need to prospect

What are the tools a sale person needs to prospect potential customer? When advertising just donít bring in the leads. In my area of business (Kitchen & Bath remodel) I would need to prospect contractors and real estate. - by roblab
You'll need a list of prospects who are most likely to want/need what you're offering.

Next you'll need a good offer. IOW, what are you going to say.

Then you'll need a delivery mechanism; in-person, phone, mail.

Does that help? - by Mikey
You need to have best of communication tools and should be able to commute at time and should have latest technology gadgets because many clients get really effected by that - by mtajim
To be good at prospecting you need;
  • A clear desired outcome, (what)
  • A good game plan, (how)
  • A good value statement, (why)
  • A professional approach that respects your prospect and makes it easy for them to spend a little time with you.

What do you want to achieve on your first call? An Appointment or Sale? - by Tony Dunne
Mikey thank you this does help. What does IOW mean? - by roblab
Snowman I whould like to set up an appointment. To inform the customer (Real estate agent, home build,genral contractor) of the product line we offer locally. - by roblab
Mikey thank you this does help. What does IOW mean?
I apologize for the short hand. ;sm

IOW - In other words - by Mikey
Snowman I whould like to set up an appointment. To inform the customer (Real estate agent, home build,genral contractor) of the product line we offer locally.

roblab

Iíd be saying something like;

Mr ______________,

My name is_____________________from____________________
Do you have a minute to speak, (I always get the GREEN LIGHT FIRST)

I wanted to talk to you about the __________________diagnostic service we offer.(this will attach more value and credibility to you right away)

We usually sit down for about 20 minutes; get to know a little about your business and then Iíll be able to let you know if we can help. If I can help then thatís great but if I canít you will benefit from the diagnostics we have in your line of business.

NOTE; clearly you do have to have a worthwhile diagnostics toll for them of your integrity will be gone and nothings worth that. Let me know if this helps and we can go further.

Happy selling;bg

Snowman - by Tony Dunne
One thing you should be carefull is that , alwyas before going for a sales presentation be prepared with your plan and your product details - by mtajim

I would change this to my name is _____ from _____ do you have a minute to speak now, or would another time be better?

I wanted to talk to you about the __________________diagnostic service we offer.(this will attach more value and credibility to you right away)

I am not so sure how a diagnostice service will add value and credibility to selling bath and kitchen remodels, could you elaborate?
- by Jorel

I would change this to my name is _____ from _____ do you have a minute to speak now, or would another time be better?

I am not so sure how a diagnostice service will add value and credibility to selling bath and kitchen remodels, could you elaborate?
The second quote is too negative, it gives and option for the customer not to see you.

Steve:sa - by stevehilliar
The second quote is too negative, it gives and option for the customer not to see you.

Steve:sa
Actually that is a negative quote. The second quote gives an option of now or later, not an option for the customer not to see you. - by Jorel
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.