Home > Personal Selling > True or False ?

True or False ?

Paradox, To sell more stop trying to sell more. True or False - by Tony Dunne
This depends on what "trying to sell" means. ;) - by AZBroker
Snowman,
I believe that I understand the context from which you are asking...and I WILL say that it is TRUE. Only for the fact that the question itself implies to me that there is a "natural quality" within a salesperson who is more succesful than the one who "tries too hard".

We live in a world of extremes....in more cases than not, it is USUALLY the MEDIAN or "middle of the road" that contains not the RIGHT...but the BEST answer.;wi

Good question Snowman!
-David - by truesaxman
Good answer David;bg - by Tony Dunne
Paradox, really what i heard that its just people conception of stopping to sell to make more - by mtajim
The more you try to convince or sell someone the more they back away, more connection and less selling I say;sm - by Tony Dunne
The more you try to convince or sell someone the more they back away, more connection and less selling I say;sm

I can always tell when someone is despirate to make a sale...therefore when I am helping someone else to buy, I stop selling.

The buyers have all the power, we are just helpful guides...hpy3; - by Julian
Paradox, To sell more stop trying to sell more. True or False
Here's how I word it:

The more I sell, the less I sell and the less I sell, the more I sell. - by Wonderboy
Here's how I word it:

The more I sell, the less I sell and the less I sell, the more I sell.
Very well put Wonderboy thmbp2; - by Tony Dunne
Very well put Wonderboy thmbp2;
Thank you Snowman. Another one of my favorite sayings (which is the title for another post) is: "You Gotta Open 'Em Up Before You Can Close 'Em."

I like this website. A lot of people who are really streetwise about selling. - by Wonderboy
Thank you Snowman. Another one of my favorite sayings (which is the title for another post) is: "You Gotta Open 'Em Up Before You Can Close 'Em."

I like this website. A lot of people who are really streetwise about selling.
Good point Wonderboy - by Tony Dunne
Hello Tony,
As you have clearly stated Tony - You can't shut what isn't opened. You must not go out and be like every other sales person and try to sell something - rather go and have an empthetic view on things in order to get the most out of your clients and yourself. BY doing this you can detract from the sales person more to the consultant or helper to help the customer finalise their decision - Good question mate. msnwnk; - by Snowboy
I think the saying goes - You catch more flies with Honey. - by Geekust
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.