Home > Marketing > Do you agree?

Do you agree?

Do you agree with this paradox?

To make more money stop trying to make more money. - by Tony Dunne
If you're getting in your own way because you're "trying too hard" then stop focusing so much on the results you want and get back to focusing on the activities that get these results. That's my dime store advice. :re - by Calvin
If you're getting in your own way because you're "trying too hard" then stop focusing so much on the results you want and get back to focusing on the activities that get these results. That's my dime store advice. :re
Calvin

Thatís exactly what I think. Itís not me thatís trying too hard, itís a general question to the forum.

I think most sales people continually fight the urge to sell and get the deal. IMO finding problems or opportunities is a better way to go in almost every situation.

Snowman - by Tony Dunne
Itís not me thatís trying too hard, itís a general question to the forum.
I understood it was a general question. I didn't mean for my answer to sound like it was pointed at you. :fri

IMO finding problems or opportunities is a better way to go in almost every situation.
Agreed. ;wi - by Calvin
cool, thanks for your input:thu - by Tony Dunne
I know it is the truth when it comes to web publishing and Adsense. You are better off creating new content and new websites rather then worrying the whole time about your Adsense income. Once the traffic from the search engines kicks in then the income will follow. - by jimberan
I do a much better job of making money when I am focused on providing a good service to my customers. I deliver my orders promptly and pass out my brochures on time. I send in my orders on time and keep good records. These things all work on my behalf when it comes to making money. - by ozzie
Do you agree with this paradox?

To make more money stop trying to make more money.
I agree. One of the biggest sales killers is desperation.

Pam - by LadySmith
I agree. One of the biggest sales killers is desperation.

Pam
You are right Pam. People can see the dollar signs in your eyes or something because they can tell. Even if you need the money never let them see you sweat. - by Thomas
What is being said makes sense and I would like to point out another point of view. The one who is focused on money can possibly make more money because, were energy flows attention goes (huna). If I am thinking about how to make money all the time I will see new ways of making money. If I am concerned about people seeing the desperation in my eyes because all I really want is money then I will practice harder to get that desperation look out of my eyes. Plus I think that desperation comes more from not having enough money than it does from wanting to make money. Also if customer is not showing signs of wanting to buy I am more likely to move on to the next person. Then waste more time with them.
Also if I am extremly focused on money then I know I will try harder to do all the things that everyone else mentioned in order to attain the money.
You see, the biggest motivating factor(MF) for one salesperson (SP) is not the big MF for all SP. I am in business to make money period. I think more about myself than anyone else. And if you are honest with yourself, you think more about yourself than anyone else does also. So if my biggest motivating factor is money I will work harder to provide excellent service because I know the best way to get a new deal is through a referal, which to me means more money.
If I personally tried to provide excellent service over making money I would find more ways to benifit the customer and less ways to benifit me. Then when I came upon a customer who did not respect all I was doing for them I would get frustrated and change jobs. I say this all in the future tense but for me it is something that happened in the past. I worked my a.. off, I was on call 24/7/365 cut vacations short and ended up getting laid off the same as the guy next to me, who did not work half as hard and asked me many times to go into the office for him in the wee hours of the morning to fix something. I also feel that if I work harder at providing excellent service without the motivation of money but instead of the motivation of feeling I did something good for someone. I would get discouraged when I worked so hard for someone and they did not appreciate my hard work. - by Jorel
I agree and disagree. If i sit on my butt all day I am not trying to make more money and i won't. If i am desparate i will also not make money. So it is