Home > Referrals > Your 60 Second Commercial

Your 60 Second Commercial

I've been doing some coaching with local business people on how to do their 60 second commercial at local meetings. If any of you ever attend local meetings, it's a lot of "I do this...." and "See me after if you're interested"
For a wedding photographer, we came up with a few new openings...

"My job is to make you cry"
"I'm the invisible woman"
"Your mother-in-law will love you"

At the end, offer a coupon to anyone who comes and sees you ASAP.

Any thoughts? - by susana
What tips do you have for making a 60-second commercial Susan? - by SpeedRacer
I have always been a fan of asking probing question 1st before your commerical and then tailoring your commerical based off of what answers are given. I feel like commericals can be benefit dumping sometimes. just my opinion though.... - by benjamin-benjamin
What tips do you have for making a 60-second commercial Susan?
I'm helping people develop their USP (Unique Selling Proposition) and once we have that completed, using it for their commercial. - by susana
I have always been a fan of asking probing question 1st before your commerical and then tailoring your commerical based off of what answers are given. I feel like commericals can be benefit dumping sometimes. just my opinion though....
I have to tell you, I rarely even hear benefits. I usually just hear 'This is what I do'.

Susan - by susana
Susan could you give an example of a sixty second commercial please? - by SpeedRacer
Susan could you give an example of a sixty second commercial please?
That would be great. I'd like to see one too. Gracias Susan. ;sm - by Jolly Roger
Whats the basics you look into make a commericla - by mtajim
I recommend something dramatic (and true!) for your opening statement. If there are 50 people in a room, the first sentence needs to capture attention. Like a headline in a sales letter.

A mortgage broker I recently coached used this opening: "Who needs more money"?

At the end, she offered a free report on how to sell your home yourself for anyone who saw her that day (create urgency)

In between, talk about what you can do for people and offer proof of why you're credible.

Susan - by susana
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.