Home > Customer Service > Thank You Gift

Thank You Gift

What are everyone's opinions on "Thank You Gifts"?

We recently sold a property and the "buyer", as a thank you gift, gave us a few gift certificates to "In-N-Out Burger." I guess he was really happy to get the property. It was cool but weird.

Anyway... are "Thank You Gifts" a good idea? :confused: - by Newbie
I think this would depend on the industry and the purchase. With that said, in general I think small "Thank You Gifts" that show you care are a good idea. - by Jolly Roger
I think that "Thank You Gifts" when used properly are a great idea.

For instance, sending a "Fruit Basket" to someone who just bought a "Home" from you probably not be considered very thoughtful.

On the other hand, if you were to provide a "Portrait" of their new home, suitable for framing, I think that would go a lot farther. - by Gilbert
Thank you for what? Are they doing you a favor by taking advantage of the benefits of your product/service? :rolleyes: - by Jackie
Thank you for what? Are they doing you a favor by taking advantage of the benefits of your product/service? :rolleyes:
It's not that that they're doing you a favor. Thank you gifts should never be done as a reward for using your product or service, but more of a way of ending that transaction on a positive note so that if they need your product or service again, you will be at the top of the list. - by Doc MC
It's not that that they're doing you a favor. Thank you gifts should never be done as a reward for using your product or service, but more of a way of ending that transaction on a positive note so that if they need your product or service again, you will be at the top of the list.
I guess this would depend on the product/service being sold, the "Thank You Gift" being used and the message the gift is intended to deliver. - by Jackie
Nobody buys a unit from me without getting a complimentary key fob as my own special way of saying, "Thank You!" :p - by WobblyBox
I guess this would depend on the product/service being sold, the "Thank You Gift" being used and the message the gift is intended to deliver.
That's exactly right.:) - by Doc MC
Thanks everyone for your input. :) - by Newbie
I think this would depend on the industry and the purchase. With that said, in general I think small "Thank You Gifts" that show you care are a good idea.
Yes, I agree here and think it is a great idea. - by Sanddollar
What are everyone's opinions on "Thank You Gifts"?

We recently sold a property and the "buyer", as a thank you gift, gave us a few gift certificates to "In-N-Out Burger." I guess he was really happy to get the property. It was cool but weird.

Anyway... are "Thank You Gifts" a good idea? :confused:
Strange for a buyer to do, I'd think... We were given a gift from the realtor after closing but I never though of giving *him* a gift. - by destiny
For instance, sending a "Fruit Basket" to someone who just bought a "Home" from you probably not be considered very thoughtful.
On the other hand, if you were to provide a "Portrait" of their new home, suitable for framing, I think that would go a lot farther.
Interesting... may I ask the thoughts behind your feelings on this? I may be in the minority, but I think I'd rather have a fruit basket. My reasoning would be that if I'd want a picture of the house, I'd just go out and take one and frame it. - by destiny
Interesting... may I ask the thoughts behind your feelings on this? I may be in the minority, but I think I'd rather have a fruit basket. My reasoning would be that if I'd want a picture of the house, I'd just go out and take one and frame it.
IMO sending someone a professional portrait of their new home showed creativity and thought compared to the standard fruit basket. - by Gilbert
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.