Home > Technology > Web 2.0 for advertising

Web 2.0 for advertising

Anyone here use Web 2.0 sites to advertise, like Digg? If so, how does it work? I keep hearing that web 2.0 sites like digg and myspace are become more influencial in advertising? - by julian4239
Anyone here use Web 2.0 sites to advertise, like Digg? If so, how does it work? I keep hearing that web 2.0 sites like digg and myspace are become more influencial in advertising?
Web 2.0 is about web-based software and online sharing or collaboration. Google Gmail is an example of a Web based application. This forum is an example of online sharing or collaboration.

Look at MySpace. With the Internet as the platform using web-based software. MySpace has grown into a social networking giant with over 100 Million users. That's a huge pool of prospects you can get your message in front of. - by SpeedRacer
Thanks for your reply and clarification. Here's the question: How do you capitalize on it? This is what I don't get. Do you have to create fictional users to get a message across? Do you need to create scores of user accounts to advertise?

Just curious. Thanks. - by julian4239
Thanks for your reply and clarification. Here's the question: How do you capitalize on it? This is what I don't get. Do you have to create fictional users to get a message across? Do you need to create scores of user accounts to advertise?
You don't need to create fictional users or create scores of accounts to advertise.

Many of these sites allow you to build a "profile" where you can tell others about yourself including your business interests and offers.

Many of these sites have adspace available that you could use to your advantage.

Many of these sites are set up to make networking with other members as easy as sending a PM or similar.

Those three ideas alone could generate a buzz. ;co - by SpeedRacer
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.