Home > Referrals > Tutorial - 60 Second Commercial

Tutorial - 60 Second Commercial

Have you designed your "60 second commercial" for business events or social gatherings?

I'm researching this right now and will share what I've learned so far. If you have any improvements, opinions or comments don't hold back. ;co

Step 1: Who, What, and Where?
Example: My name is Sue Downs with ACE Consulting out of Chicago.

Step 2: Briefly describe what you do and what makes you different than your competition.
Example: For the last ten years I've been showing small business owners how to build and maintain low cost high return marketing campaigns. Many small business consultants provide on-site support for a short period of time but we provide year round access to a personal business consultant who knows you, your business and how to help you reach your goals.

Step 3: Who is your ideal client?
Example: Ideal clients for me are small business owners with less than twenty employees and gross revenues of more than $1M.

Step 4: Slogan
Example: We're your friends in the consulting business. - by Liberty
Looking good Liberty. Thanks for the tutorial. :thup - by Marcus
I would add a step 5: "Call to Action" with an example like, "Contact me for a free consultation." - by Mikey
I would add a step 5: "Call to Action" with an example like, "Contact me for a free consultation."
I thought about that and went back and forth before leaving it out. ;pi - by Liberty
Susan suggested using a dramatic opening statement: http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-4075.html

What do you think? - by Seth
Those are good way of having a opning statement - by mtajim
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.