Home > Advertising > shouting in public

shouting in public

Yesterday , i saw some people were using loudspeaker and shouting to promote about there upcoming event , does shouting in public in that way really helps to gain attraction from the people - by mtajim
I don't think most people would have a positive response to shouting in public. I even find it irritating at a Major League baseball game when they go up and down the isles selling snow cones and beer, etc. - by ozzie
I think that sales people that are shouting in public through speakers for example are some of the most annoying people in the world. I would never get interested in their product. - by jimberan
I used to hear salesman shouting their products in remote areas. It's very effective strategy but it depends to the kind of product you have. - by shinningstar
Who shouts in public? I've never heard of such a thing. - by Thomas
In college, we had a guy that was always in front of the same building. I believe he was shouting about the end of the world. The fact that he was there every day and I can't remember what he was shouting about should tell us something about the effectiveness of shouting.

Susan - by susana
I like the shouting of guys selling peanuts and icecream (maybe that is just nostalgia) but what are you trying to sell? I would not give much respect to anyone doing this, but I don't need to respect a guy selling icecream or peanuts to buy from him as long as the package is sealed. - by Jorel
I read this blurb by Seth Godin today - "One insight is that marketing with permission works better than spam. In other words, delivering anticipated, personal and relevant ads to the people who want to get them is always more effective than yelling loudly at strangers. PERMISSION MARKETING addresses this issue." - by Houston
Yesterday , i saw some people were using loudspeaker and shouting to promote about there upcoming event , does shouting in public in that way really helps to gain attraction from the people
Closely related to this I believe is an auction. Also a carnival barker. Seems to work. - by Wonderboy
Closely related to this I believe is an auction. Also a carnival barker. Seems to work.
I can see the similarity with a carnival barker but not an auctioneer. - by Houston
I can see the similarity with a carnival barker but not an auctioneer.
I didn't mean all auctioneers (actually I've never been to an auction myself, just what I see on tv). - by Wonderboy
Yesterday , i saw some people were using loudspeaker and shouting to promote about there upcoming event , does shouting in public in that way really helps to gain attraction from the people
IN very short - NO - by EmmaC
Probably not the best promotional idea that I have ever heard?:dun - by Snowboy
Thanks Snowboy - by EmmaC
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.