Home > Personal Development > Law of Attraction

Law of Attraction

I'm seeing a lot about the law of attraction on the Internet this month. Is that legit? - by Thomas
I'm seeing a lot about the law of attraction on the Internet this month. Is that legit?

Yes it is legit, a lot of people are just now learning of this because of a movie called the secret. Opera has done a couple of shows as well as Larry King. What is interesting is in the movie they point out there are three parts to it.

1. You ask
2. You must be in alignment.
3. The universe answers.

I and many others including James Ray who was also on the secret believe it happens a little different

1. You ask
2. You must be in alignment
3. You must take action.

Check out James Arthur Ray's website for further info. - by Jorel
Do you know a lot about this stuff Jorel? I would like to know more. - by Thomas
This is a very hot topic right now, i'll follow this and try to add something when i can make sense of it:cu - by Tony Dunne
Guys there is a video you can watch online called the Secret. If you need the URL tell me and I'll find it. - by realtor
Do you know a lot about this stuff Jorel? I would like to know more.
I know some, more than most probably. I actually gave a speach about the subject at my local Toastmasters a few weeks ago. But for me to say I know a lot about it would be like asking someone who drives a car if they know a lot about cars. But if you have any questions I would be glad to answer if I do know the answer. Also in addition to the secret check out "What the Bleep" and "Down the Rabbit Hole". Two other video's on Quantum Physics. - by Jorel
I know some, more than most probably. I actually gave a speach about the subject at my local Toastmasters a few weeks ago. But for me to say I know a lot about it would be like asking someone who drives a car if they know a lot about cars. But if you have any questions I would be glad to answer if I do know the answer. Also in addition to the secret check out "What the Bleep" and "Down the Rabbit Hole". Two other video's on Quantum Physics.
Thank you Jorel for the help and recommendations. :thup - by Thomas
sounds like an excuse for people that don't want to work hard. why must everyone hold onto a dream that will make them rich without working hard.
How does that relate to this? - by AZBroker
How does that relate to this?
maybe i am not understanding what it is suppose to convey, but the trailer talks about doing anything you want because of this secert.... - by benjamin-benjamin
sounds like an excuse for people that don't want to work hard. why must everyone hold onto a dream that will make them rich without working hard. I guess i will keep my 30 dollars and continue to have success through good hard work..

I can understand this point of view. After all if you watch the movie which I have several times. It says all you have to do is ask the universe for something. believe what you ask for will come to you and it will manifest itself.

In this instance I can sit on my couch all day long ask for a million dollars over and over. Do affermations that it will come to me and believe it, but it will never come.

The one part that is missing in this video is that you have to take action to aquire what you are asking for.

But hey if one person found one way to help themselves and others live a better life then who am I to complain if it does not really harm anyone.

Heck I have spent more than $30 on weight loss products that did not work. In any purchase it is buyer beware. - by Jorel
I can understand this point of view. After all if you watch the movie which I have several times. It says all you have to do is ask the universe for something. believe what you ask for will come to you and it will manifest itself.
That is what i am saying, of course people want to hear that all they have to do is ask. That is a concept anyone will embrace. I am going to make a dvd called REALITY. it will consist of kids getting cut from the football team for not working hard enough. People being fired from their jobs, because they are complaining that life isn't fair. People that are having to explain to their kids why they can't afford to buy something. Although my dvd will be based on fact, it wouldn't be a best seller.. - by benjamin-benjamin
It says all you have to do is ask the universe for something. believe what you ask for will come to you and it will manifest itself.
I would call that a "generalization". Would you too? - by Milton
I would call that a "generalization". Would you too?

Please forgive my ignorance :hu , but I am missing the point you are trying to make, can you elaborate? - by Jorel
Please forgive my ignorance :hu , but I am missing the point you are trying to make, can you elaborate?
You wrote, "It says all you have to do is ask the universe for something. believe what you ask for will come to you and it will manifest itself." I see that as a generalization of the message the movie was attempting to communicate. Do you agree? - by Milton
I see how you can say that. And anyone who does a review of a video/movie would be generalizing in that context after all the map is not the territory. The point I was trying to make is that in the movie they did what I refer to as a deletion. They left out a very important point to the law of attraction, which is action. Even one of the speakers in the movie James Arthur Ray said this during an interview on Oprah last month. And I believe this is the biggest flaw in the message that the producer made when developing this video. I suppose that is why when a witness gives his testimony he is asked "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" - by Jorel
I see how you can say that. And anyone who does a review of a video/movie would be generalizing in that context after all the map is not the territory. The point I was trying to make is that in the movie they did what I refer to as a deletion. They left out a very important point to the law of attraction, which is action. Even one of the speakers in the movie James Arthur Ray said this during an interview on Oprah last month. And I believe this is the biggest flaw in the message that the producer made when developing this video. I suppose that is why when a witness gives his testimony he is asked "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"
but that is what is funny, if the secert was taking action and working hard, then this secert wouldn't be so popular... - by benjamin-benjamin
I haven’t seen the movie but a colleague of mine says the directors left a few points open for the next few sequels……..stay tunedbgwnk; - by Tony Dunne
I haven’t seen the movie but a colleague of mine says the directors left a few points open for the next few sequels……..stay tunedbgwnk;

I have watched several interviews of people who where featured in this video. And one of them said that the sequel will be on another subject called the law of polarity. - by Jorel
Jorel how do you feel about the law of attraction? - by Milton
Jorel how do you feel about the law of attraction?
I feel it is a very valid law, why do you ask? - by Jorel
I feel it is a very valid law, why do you ask?
It looked like you were taking issue with the movie "The Secret" but I got the impression that you supported the "Law of Attraction". I was asking for clarity purposes. ;sm - by Milton
It looked like you were taking issue with the movie "The Secret" but I got the impression that you supported the "Law of Attraction". I was asking for clarity purposes. ;sm
You are correct on both accounts I do support the idea of the law of attraction AND I do take issue with the movie the secret. I like the idea that someone went throught the trouble to make such a movie to spread this word out to the main stream public. But I feel they also did a disservice by not mentioning the action part of the law of attraction.
Like you I agree with most things that our Govt. and Legal system does but take offense to certain things that the Govt. or legal system do that I do not agree with. Like letting O.J. Simpson live life outside of jail bars but tell him that he has to pay for the wrongful death of someone.
But my opinion should not matter to you. I think only your opinion should matter to you. After all we are all entitled to our own opinion and just because someone's opinion is the same or differnt I don't think should matter. What I do find interesting though is why they have that opinion. - by Jorel
great article... it's weird because everyone that i know that sits around visualizing is broke and has no sig. other.... - by benjamin-benjamin
Read the book or watch the movie, this works.thmbp2; - by Tony Dunne
Read the book or watch the movie, this works.thmbp2;
yeah it is weird i just sit in my office all day visualizing me selling and all the prospects just walk in and say they want to buy from me..... - by benjamin-benjamin
yeah it is weird i just sit in my office all day visualizing me selling and all the prospects just walk in and say they want to buy from me.....
Law of Attraction: It states people experience the corresponding manifestations of their predominant thoughts, feelings, words, and actions and that people therefore have direct control over reality and their lives through thought alone. - Wikipedia - by AZBroker
Law of Attraction: It states people experience the corresponding manifestations of their predominant thoughts, feelings, words, and actions and that people therefore have direct control over reality and their lives through thought alone. - Wikipedia
are you really quoting wikipedia as a credible source???? anyone can put about anything in that.... So the woman that wanted her eyesight to be better and then it just was??? what action did she take. The guy that has a cold and then doesn't??? what action did he take.... - by benjamin-benjamin
are you really quoting wikipedia as a credible source???? anyone can put about anything in that....
It's a source that illustrates another point of view. Nothing less... nothing more. - by AZBroker
yeah it is weird i just sit in my office all day visualizing me selling and all the prospects just walk in and say they want to buy from me.....
Good for you, you might want to visualize prospecting so you have someone to sell to.;wi - by Tony Dunne
Good for you, you might want to visualize prospecting so you have someone to sell to.;wi
snowman, i was being sarcastic. I bust my balls everyday to get deals done, i was just using sarcasm to show my point of how ridiculous it is to believe you can sit around and be successful - by benjamin-benjamin
snowman, i was being sarcastic. I bust my balls everyday to get deals done, i was just using sarcasm to show my point of how ridiculous it is to believe you can sit around and be successful
benjamin, you are right, sitting around isn't a good way to do well in sales. You keep on working that hard and who knows what might happen?

Good luck,

Snowman - by Tony Dunne
... i was just using sarcasm to show my point of how ridiculous it is to believe you can sit around and be successful
Expert on the Law of Attraction I am not however I don't believe the general idea is "sit around and be successful". ;wi - by AZBroker
This information seems to be good. Thanks - by shanti
I have seen the secret and i am somewhat familiar with the law of attraction. The idea is far from sit around and be successful. That oversimplifies the idea. It simply is that if believe, keep a positive midset, AND do your job, then success will come.

Positive attitude=positive results
Negative attitude=negative results.

We have all been on a high in our business, feeling ustoppable. I think we would all agree that sell is MUCH easier at this point.

Hand in hand we have all been in slumps, where it feels like we can not do anything right to get the sale.

This is an example of the law of attraction. Keep positive keep your mind focused ALONG with doing your job, and you will be successful. It does not mean being lazy, just add the visualization and positive attitude in with what you already do and you will do better. People can feel a positive vibe whether you intend them to or not. - by zen_gar
Hi,

Even i too agree with you all that law of Attraction is a legit!

The Law of Attraction can give you anything you want if you are willing to learn how to apply it. It can heal your life. It can change your world.We are more successful in our endeavors when we recognize that we attract everything we experience. We attract that which we focus on - whether we believe it or not - the Law of Attraction is real and is in operation at all times. - by Jessicarosy
We can't see, hear, touch, or feel gravity but we all know how real it is. It affects everyone on the planet, NO EXCEPTIONS, and it NEVER fails to work.

The Law of Attraction, along with other 'natural' Laws of Living, are just as real as gravity. What you focus your energy and attention on is exactly what you will attract into your life, whether good or bad.

If you focus on how hard it is to find customers, or struggle financially, guess what? You will continue to have trouble finding customers and you will continue to struggle financially. You get what you think about the most...period!

But what if you could learn about these powerful 'natural' Laws and apply them to your daily life? The average person uses 7%-15% of the power of their mind. What would happen if you learned to 'tap into' that other 85%?

Would you be interested in having more control of the 60,000 thoughts that go through your mind daily? Would you like to be able to BE, HAVE, and DO anything you want in all your TOMORROW's?

These powerful natural Laws have, for the most part, been 'hidden' from the general population. It's not something you would have learned in school (unless you studied quantum science). - by Dougd55
I agree there are universal principles that govern the law of abundance. But whwn that door opens for us, we must be willing to do the work.

When we do...and only then, the result? Abundance.

Many people embrace the lottery mentality, meaning, they expect the universe to open the door and do the work. As a few studies have shown, a sad dismal story follows these lottery winners.

Probably because they are unprepared and unable to handle the result of winning.

Bottom line: the power of abundance is very real and its available to all but there is one rule. The universe opens the doors, you do the work. When you ask the universe to do the work you frustrate the plan - and are usually left frustrated, angry and depressed.

Personal Performance Coach - glenn@iexceltoday.com - by GlennB
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.