Home > Technology > Information Literacy and the Internet

Information Literacy and the Internet

How important would you say a skill like knowing how to search the Internet is in professional selling? - by Seth
How important would you say a skill like knowing how to search the Internet is in professional selling?
Internet literacy, including search strategies, is important for professionals and the public who access the Internet. - by BossMan
How important would you say a skill like knowing how to search the Internet is in professional selling?

I do not think it is important at all. Sure logic says it should be important. But as a former IT person I have delt with Ceo's and sales people of fortune 500 companies who did not know how to maximize a window. And had to be shown the on button when they purchased a new laptop.

If you want to be successful hire someone else to do that for you. The sales profesional is a Compliance Practioner not an IT profesional. Work on things that are going to get your customers to say yes! - by Jorel
I do not think it is important at all. Sure logic says it should be important. But as a former IT person I have delt with Ceo's and sales people of fortune 500 companies who did not know how to maximize a window. And had to be shown the on button when they purchased a new laptop.

If you want to be successful hire someone else to do that for you. The sales profesional is a Compliance Practioner not an IT profesional. Work on things that are going to get your customers to say yes!
Maybe you can own a company that has this knowledge and get by without knowing about technology. People in the stock market do this a lot. But it sounds like you might be saying that this knowledge is important to have within the organization regarldless of who in the company has it. - by BostonSalesman
Knowing how to locate, evaluate, and apply information to daily life (information literacy) is important period. The Internet as the primary information resource is reality so it's in everyone's best interest to learn how to navigate those waters. - by SpeedRacer
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.