Home > Consumer Behavior > Sharon Drew Morgen - Buying Facilitation

Sharon Drew Morgen - Buying Facilitation

I wanted to start a thread where members can ask Sharon Drew questions about "Buying Facilitation". If anyone has a question or questions feel free to post them in this thread.

I'll start.

Sharon Drew, many salespeople are happy with the skills they are using. Why would they want to change if they think they are working for them? - by Jeff Blackwell
How necessary, or unnecessary, is buying facilitation if you're working with someone who is ready, willing, and able to buy? - by Gilbert
two questions to be answered. i'll take gilbert's first.

the only people who are totally ready, willing, and able to buy are people buying toothpaste, or something simple that doesn't demand any input from internal criteria.

the question to ask yourself is: is it working? the way you'll know is if they call you, place and order, and it's all done in one call. once you need to follow up, or they need to call back, or you need to do ANYTHING other than take an order, they need some sort of help being let through their decision process.

just because people recognize and understand their Identified Problem doesn't mean they know how to resolve it - or they would have already! once people exhibit a need, it means they haven't decided to resolve it yet. either they can't, or they don't know how. so knowing the problem, knowing the solution, having the money, being ready and willing, doesn't mean they'll buy. unless in your case they do. then you certainly don't need Buying Facilitation.

that sort of answers jeff's question as well: sellers think that protracted sales cycles, and closing 10% or less is normal. and indeed it's the norm for the sales model and the entire field has adjusted to it.

remember: the time it takes buyers to come up with their OWN ANSWERS (which are absolutely hidden from us, and often at first hidden from them as well) is the length of the sales cycle. we've attempted to sell by understanding needs, solving problems, and placing product. but the buyer has an entire series of strange, unique issues they need to manage, and there has never been a way in to manage these issues before now.

i did some work with IBM a few years ago. we did a pilot with folks who had the same clients for 3 years - they were Relationship Managers. they were complaining that they didn't need to learn anything new cuz they knew their clients well and were in constant contact with them. during the training, we had 2 days of real time phone coaching, and i made some calls to their clients and they did as well. using Buying Facilitation, they actually discovered, AND CLOSED, $6,400,000 (that's six point four million dollars) of undiscovered business lying right there, on the table, and they would have lost the business, and the client's would either have not had their needs met at all, or would have used another vendor. - by Sharon Drew Morgen
Are buying facilitation questions like spin selling questions? - by Thomas
antithetical. two different animals. spin is a way to help place product and questions are directed toward problem solving. my facilitative questions are based on leading buyers through all of their decision criteria based on how the Identified Problem got created and maintained through time, and all of the internal issues (stakeholders, vendor issues, initiative past and future, personality problems, etc) that must be managed before they'll purchase. i have a pdf file that i think jeff just put up that you can print off (3 pages) that lays out the model. it's a decision facilitation tool that is unbiased and uses systems thinking; i've also sequenced the way decisions get made (brain function, etc) and use that to help buyers unravel what needs to happen for them to decide, using their own criteria.

questions like: what has stopped you from making that change until now? and how would you and your decision team know when they would be ready to consider adding a new vendor relationship to the ones you're already using?

it's not about you, or your product. it's about their decision.and my questions position questions to offer support in enlisting the buyer's own criteria for change.

sd - by Sharon Drew Morgen
That looks very complicated. - by Thomas
walking is complicated for a baby. it's just new and different. and we've not been trained to think that way.

i've coded the sequence. and i teach people how to formulate the questions. the hardest thing when i teach is to get folks to listen differently. it's about listening to the SYSTEM behind what is being said rather than the content.

when i hear someone say "we didn't realize this solution would cost so much and we're going to have to wait 'til next year" i hear something different than what sellers hear. they usually start talking about price,thinking that there is a price objection. i hear that there are systems issues too large to be managed (it's almost never about price). so i ask a facilitative question here:
"What would you and your decision team need to be considering between now and then, so when the time is right everything will be ready and in place for you to implement without time wastage?"

once you learn it, like walking, it's not so complicated. just new and different. - by Sharon Drew Morgen
Can it really be learned in three days? - by Thomas
yes and kinda.

1. i have developed a new modality for training that uses the same brain function sequencing that Buying Facilitation uses, so we're working with your learning centers rather than me doing lectures and info dumps to a brain that is already set up the way it's set up. so we can get pretty far along into the learning process as we open up possibilities and capapbility that didn't exist previously. every single student i've trained has learned. no exceptions. the training is just set up that way. it's a learning model rather than a training model. a bit more uncomfortable than regular training as the learner has much more work to do that it's always pleasant (i.e. you might learn that you don't really listen for what is being said vs what you want to hear, and then we have to move from there....but you might have feelings about what you are 'learning' that you wouldn't have if just taking notes).

2. you'll have to practice for a few weeks afterwards and i haven't figured out how to miss this step. imagine you are learning a new swing from Tiger Woods, or backhand from Chris Everett. you'd have to practice.and i can't make that any easier. but you walk away from the 3 days with about 50% of what you need. some people find that enough. some practice. it's what you want.

3. all that said, i've developed a second program that just teaches the 6 Facilitative Questions that will get you pretty far a lot of the time, and teach you how to understand all of the buyer's buying patterns. this course is much easier, without the learning curve. but you won't have the tools/skills to formulate the questions yourself.

so if you want EASY, take the Facilitating Buying Decisions program.
if you want to learn the entire model, take the Buying Facilitation program.

i happen to be running these next month here in austin. i don't generally run public trainings cuz my work is in organizations, but i'm running a Licensing Partner's program and you could take one of the modules if you don't want to be a licensee.

hope that all helps. - by Sharon Drew Morgen
spin is a way to help place product and questions are directed toward problem solving.
my facilitative questions are based on leading buyers through all of their decision criteria based on how the Identified Problem got created and maintained through time, and all of the internal issues (stakeholders, vendor issues, initiative past and future, personality problems, etc) that must be managed before they'll purchase.
Are the two systems compatible? - by Houston
well, i'll tell you.

it's always necessary to present your product appropriately, and to gather appropriate data to ensure that what you have is what they need.

and, Buying Facilitation manages the buyer's decision. so both are necessary.

but here's what happens: once the buyer knows how to decide, the type, style, and amount of presentation or pitch data changes. when i worked with KPMG they went from a $350,000 presentation to a $35,000 presentation. lots of information may be necessary when you don't know (and they don't know) how the buyer is buying and you're seeking to get them all of the data necessary for them to choose what's most relevant. but with Buying Facilitation, the exact amount/type/style of data will be specified, and then you only need to offer exactly what they need.

so your presentation and pitch will change - and you'll even need to add new material you're not used to offering in order to help their stakeholders manage the change that will come with placing your product within their sytsem.

to make it simple: if you're selling plates, and there ends up being only so much room in the buyer's cabinet and they don't want to get rid of what they have, you'll only pitch data on the size plate that would fit - not general data. simple, but visual.

in general, my clients find they need far less data, almost never send anything out in the mail, do far fewer presentations, and do far fewer field visits. and close 3x as many sales.

we're used to pitching/positioning/presenting OUR information, and not knowing the buyer's buying criteria. once THEY know their own criteria, you only need to give them the data that matches.

remember: information doesn't teach someone how to make a decision.
Excellent point.

Let's say I'm selling new cars at a Chevy dealership and a prospect drive on the lot, get's out and starts looking at cars. If I was trainined in Facilitative Buying what would I do different than traditional sales training methods? - by Houston
can't go through an entire sale here; but it's about the decision. how did he choose his last car? how would it be different/the same? what would stop him from using his current car dealership/vendor to make another purchase? how would he know that one car over another would handle his criteria? how would his wife and family need to be a part of the decision and how would he help them collaborate so they could make a decision that would include all of their criteria?

nothing to do with the car. you've seen it a hundreds times: buyer with a need that doesn't purchase anything, or in a timely way, or anything sane. it's never about the product. it's always about the system that the decision needs to manage.

we just didn't know how to do this before now.
can't go through an entire sale here;
Fair enough. I'm just trying to get an idea on how this would work in a familiar selling environment.

but it's about the decision
From what I've gathered it's about the decision to buy or not to buy. Once the decision is made they are or are not "willing". Is that accurate?

how did he choose his last car? how would it be different/the same? what would stop him from using his current car dealership/vendor to make another purchase? how would he know that one car over another would handle his criteria? how would his wife and family need to be a part of the decision and how would he help them collaborate so they could make a decision that would include all of their criteria?
These questions seem the same but different. It looks like your attempting to elicit a buying criteria but the intent is different. Is that accurate? - by Houston
this is not exactly about the decision to buy. it's about the decisions necessary for the internal elements to agree to change. so it's about a decision to change; the decision to be willing to do something different (how would you know when it was time to change your hairstyle? is not a decision about using one hairstylist over another, but about the decision to change the way you look) and allow a change to happen in a closed system (how would you know when it was time to shift the way you've been doing sales until now? not a question about Buying Facilitation but a question about your willingness/ability to want to do something different).

once they have all of their internal decision criteria managed, then they need to decide what and how and when to buy.

and, if you are not willing to change your hairstyle, doesn't matter what a great hairdresser i am.... although i might push a bit further and say: 'i'm a noted stylist. i see you looking differently than the way you look now [this is your pitch]. i'm wondering what you would need to believe differently to be willing to reconsider your current choices about your hairstyle?' if the person said 'nothing' you're done.

if you're happy with your sales results and have no desire to change, then i doesn't matter how great Buying Facilitation is. at the top of the Funnel (see my ebook at www.buyingfacilitation.com for the latest funnel) is Where are we and what's missing. if nothing is missing, there is nothing to change. doesn't matter what the product is, doesn't matter what the seller believes.

but facilitative questions can make it possible to expand viewpoints using the buyer's own criteria.

and, again, careful here. I AM NOT TRYING TO ELICIT BUYING CRITERIA. i'm teaching the buyer how to elicit THEIR OWN buying criteria. doesn't matter if i know it or not. THEY need to know it, own it, and have all stakeholders buy-in to it and an outsideir cannot do that.

ok?? really different from sales. and yet the buyer must to it before they buy. with you or without you. and the seller is an outsider. so the buyer does it alone. or has done it alone untill now.Buying Facilitation will give you the tools to lead them through it using their own criteria, and coming up with their own answers. BF is biased only toward expanding the buyer's own unique criteria NOT selling a product. - by Sharon Drew Morgen
Sharon Drew why do you think salespeople haven't been taught this before? - by Jeff Blackwell
good question. i even think i have an answer!

at this point in history, we have a very complex business environment - global/unknown competitors; business partners in different companies and areas of expertise; vendor possibilities; quick, easy ways for our competition to catch up and look just like us and make it difficult to differentiate.

before now, we've been able to use the 'information exchange' method to sell with: what is your problem? what do you need? here's what i have to help fix it.

but buyers have much, much bigger, more complex decisions to make now. and the Identified Problem is only a tip of the iceberg in re the decisions that must be made before they can consider a solution.

and, there has been no model that actually gets INSIDE the decision making to help stakeholders.

one of the good things about this sequencing model is that it is unbiased, whereas sales tends to be biased toward an ultimate goal of product placement. the ultimate goal of Buying Facilitation is to help evoke a collaborative decision that actually teaches buyers to seek, find, and makes sense of all of the internal decisions that got them where they are. so when you ask: what has stopped you and your decision team from resolving this until now? it's not an information gathering question but a way for the buyer to gather internal, possibly hidden data in his/her brain that needs to be brought to light to add to the decision making needs for future choices. it's a question we ask about 1/3 down the funnel to direct the brain to older decisions.

another question might be: how would you and your decision team know how to choose one vendor over another when our products are so similar? they have to answer these questions for themselves anyway, and doing it WITH you puts them on your team.

so, i think the answer to the question is twofold: 1. it wasn't perceived as 'time' before now (although i've been training this material for almost 20 years); and 2. no one has designed a model such as this. and, to be honest, only a few visionaries have had the foresight to bring this in to their companies. even now not everyone thinks it's time for this.

hope this answered your question, jeff.
That does answer my question Sharon Drew. Thank you for being such a good sport.

If you don't mind me asking, You claim you can get a 200-600% increase in sales. That is a big claim how does that happen? - by Jeff Blackwell
1. kpmg had an 8 figure international deal that took 3 years to close. using BF they closed in 4 months. ibm had a 6 mo. sale with a software product. we closed in 2 calls. kaiser: from 110 face visits and 18 closed sales a month to 27 visits and 25 closed sales.

the time it takes buyers to come up with their own answers is the length of the sales cycle. they have to come up with their own answers anyway - with you or without you. so when you lead them in an unbiased way through to their own best answers,it cuts the sale dramatically.

buyers don't care how long it takes or they would have solved the problem already. they just need to get it right without causing internal stress/disruption. so they are happy to do it quicker.

2. no more time wastage; only visit prospects who want to close and they will have their entire decision team there at the meeting; get rid of tirekickers and wasted time following around prospects who will never close; use the phone more proactively and don't use your body as a prospecting tool; find more prospects than are obvious - those who didn't know they need your product but through your questions realize they do.

clearer? - by Sharon Drew Morgen
Does your program show how to find more prospects too?

Something else. I have read some of your articles and you talked about rapport. Some salespeople think you should talk about pictures on the prospects walls, and trophies, you know small talk, to build common ground or rapport. What do you think? - by Thomas
sorry, but that's b.s.

if you want to try to make nice, have fun. you and everyone else.

if you want to start off immediately helping your buyer make sense of how they will decide to be the best they can be by using their own criteria, it's a different conversation.

i train this stuff, and if you want to learn it, i'm running a rare public program that is part of a partner licensing program. i can't teach the material on the fly like this - hopefully you'll get to understand it a bit and i sure hope that helps.

but if you want to learn how to do it, it needs a program.

remember: there are two sides to the equation: the buying decision side and the selling side. you're still talking about the selling side - not asking questions about the buying side. pictures on their walls? they know what pictures they have already.
The beauty of Sharon Drew's book is you learn the process by practicing it on yourself, first -- you become your own "buyer" in reframing your sales process. That said, there is a difference between learning Buying Facilitation(which really is easy, because it makes such transparent good sense compared to chasing customers around the wheel like a hampster) and developing the confidence to actually use it with customers when success, money and ego (not to mention one's job) are on the line.

I like what Goleman suggests about Emotionally Intelligent Learning -- we're really "re-wiring our beliefs of what's possible for us to do." I started doing this years ago with sales clients and then found a very solid description of why it works described as "stealth learning" in Goleman's Primal Leadership, (pages 158-160 - the whole Chapter 8 Metamorphosis is worth reading). In essense, you combine mental rehearsal with low-threat/low risk practice situations (not with customers) where you can botch a technique without penalty. For example, in a conversation with a friend contemplating a decision, practice using the facilitative questions she focuses on until they feel "right." - by tom behr
I am relieved that you think that way. I do too. - by Thomas
it's about helping the buyer make a decision. sellers have used product data to try to do that, and all that does is keep the buyer confused, by their stakeholders, business issues, and how to solve their business problem.

buyers don't want your product. they want to solve a business problem. your product may or may not do that. but you can do that. help them do that. the product will be purchased as part of the process.

would you rather sell? or have someone buy? - by Sharon Drew Morgen
One more question if you don't mind Sharon Drew. On paper this could be seen as an interviewing process. Is that what we’re doing here? - by Jeff Blackwell
well... yup. seems to be.

what's so amazing for me is the gentleness with which people are asking their questions. so many sales folks become hostile to the thought that what they are doing might not be working as well as it might - they take it personally, although as we know, the field of sales hasn't known how to enter the buyer's space as Buying Facilitation does until now and it certainly isn't the fault of hard-working professional sales folks.

i find myself learning from these gentle queries - learning what actually might be curious, or uncomfortable for folks, or truly something quizzical.

maybe we're interviewing each other (although goodness knows i'm talking so much that saying that is probably strange!)...

so, thanks, everyone. hope you're having as much fun, and learning as much, as i am.
How does your program differ from that of other NLP Gurus who teach NLP in the sales profession such as Kenrick Clevland and Kevin Hogan? - by Jorel
i've been in the nlp environment since the early 80s. in fact, my books are still sold at nlp conventions, as i use nlp as the basic foundational thinking of my model.

but the above gurus are using nlp to help with rapport, etc, based on the seller/outsider trying to persuade the buyer/insider to do what the seller wants.

another foundation of my thinking is buddhist in nature: that we are all one, all part of the same system, and must all serve each other. nlp (a la grinder and bandler who are not usually considered spiritual people... trust me on this one) is based on how to replicate excellence, not about the system of how decisions get made. i say this as a master prac, as well as having had an entire third year 'Beyond' program with a small group led by Gene Early (who is a very spiritual person, i might add). in re the buddhist ideas, Buying Facilitation is based on the seller actually serving the buyer to support the buyer in being all s/he can be, using his/her own internal criteria.

the final foundation of my work is systems thinking. sellers don't think that way. here is a quote from one of my books:
"Make no mistake: this resolution of systems components needs to happen anyway - with you or without you - and the time it takes buyers to accomplish this is the length of the sales cycle."

the questioning system, the sequence of decision making, are all created around the idea that until someone/a group knows how to make a decision that will account for all variables so that when change happens there will be no disruption (you've heard of the term 'homeostasis'?), nothing will happen.

so nlp thinking is a small part of what i'm doing here, but certainly not the main part. the systems bit is i think...
- by Sharon Drew Morgen
One more question if you don't mind Sharon Drew. On paper this could be seen as an interviewing process. Is that what we’re doing here?
It does read like the buying facilitation process is an add-on to the interview step. You help the client make the decision to buy and the decision of which product to buy.

...use the phone more proactively and don't use your body as a prospecting tool;
Last month I bought your book "Sales on the Line". Is telemarketing part of the training in May? - by fred
2 things - last thing first as it's easier. Sales on the Line was written 15 years ago. you might want to consider my newest ebook called Buying Facilitation: the new way to sell that influences and expands thinking. you can get it at: www.buyingfacilitation.com

it breaks down the entire decisioning sequence, introduces Facilitative Questions, etc. and, i have a very very strong bias toward the phone. sellers can use the phone to do almost everything, as it's not about the 'relationship' so much as it is about the buyer making decisions. and since those are unique, and happen within the buyer's environment, the seller doesn't have to be there, and the very model itself creates such strong rapport that face visits aren't necessary.
in all of my years of selling training in the BF method, i have only met one client first - and that was cuz they lived right here in austin. i've signed mid-six figure contracts and have never met the client. so, yes, all of my work centers around using Facilitative Questions, with the phone as the bias.
note that Sales on the Line, while a lovely little book, was written far before i understood what i was really doing.

next: Buying Facilitation is not an interview process. it would be as if the seller were a robot, asking a specific type of question to help the other person determine how to move forward, define their own needs, and figure out how to make the decisions to involve the necessary people, change the necessary policies and vendor relationships, and handle the politics - all that have created and maintain the status quo.

of course the seller isn't a robot but the seller needs wholly different skills for this activity than needs analysis/product placement. you must learn to listen for the system that thebuyer is speaking in, and not about the content. that takes the full 3 days of the program in fact.

when i hear 'my partners aren't ready right now to make a decision,' for example, it might mean: i am happy but can't get those bums to move, or i am unhappy and blaming others, or we have a huge initiative going on and we can't take our eye off of the ball, or there is a political/personal conflict going on, etc. and we have no way of knowing , but it's obviously stopping the decision process. the FQ i would ask here is: 'what would you and your decision partners need to be doing differently to be ready to align behind a solution?'

that question would get the buyer to start dealing with whatever the internal problem is (which i do NOT need to know as i'm not one of them and i cannot resolve the problem even if i knew the answer) and on the spot start making the decisions to start actions to heal the issue. remember that these questions are not asked on their own, but part of a sequence (too complicated to teach/explain outside of the classroom but the new ebook has a chapter on it) that leads the buyer very comfortably through all of the decisions that are separate from fixing their problem.

so, not an interview process per se, but certainly sits on the front end of sales and supports what needs to happen anyway before a buying decision gets made.

ok?? come to the program. there are going to be less than 10 people there and you'll get a lot of support in using the phone, formulating the questions, listening/understanding all that is going on for the buyer that needs to be managed. - by Sharon Drew Morgen
Couldn't you also ask a clarifying question (("What does that mean?")) and get the same result? - by Marcus
Remember that at the top of the the Funnel - the Buying Decision Funnel - NOT the Product Decision Funnel - you are NOT gathering data.

when you ask 'what does that mean?" you are asking for clarification. you absolutely need clarification on the product placement/problem solving/needs analysis end.

at the Buying Decision end, you need NO clarification at all, as there is nothing you need to know. THEY need to know.

go back and look at my Facilitative Question, and imagine having a mess in your group/company, and see what that question does for your brain in re discovering it's own criteria and what needs to shift.

when you ask an information-pull question like you suggested, you are asking for info on a decision already made. this is VERY important to understand.

Facilitative Questions do NOT pull data: they direct the brain to seek criteria, choices, changes, etc. in those areas that would be responsible for managing change. that's why my programs are so small: teaching people to NOT have information=based, content-based curiousity but to think in systems thinking terms about how decisions get made.

go to my site and have a look around.and somewhere on the site here jeff has put up a pdf file on concepts, etc. of Buying Facilitation. again, when you're asking the question you're asking, you're still gathering data and doing problem solving. i'm suggesting an entirely new skill set is necessary.

thanks for the question. - by Sharon Drew Morgen
In the interview step what is the desired outcome of using facilitative questions? Is it to have the customer reevaluate their thinking? - by Houston
Can you plz let me know what you mean by 'interview step'?
Who is interviewing who? and for what reason?

All of Buying Facilitation (and remember, it is used before conventional sales models are used) is about helping the buyer make the necessary internal decisions to figure out how to align and manage the people/rules/roles/politics/history that got them where they are now and that might potentially need an additional resource.

Since Facilitative Questions are posed to help the brain expand possibilities, they never 'interview'. They are actually a decision support tool. So it's the different between: Who are your vendors now? and How will you and your decision team know when it's time to add a new vendor to the resources you are currently using?

So it's not to reevaluate their thinking but to help them align all of the elements that would need to go in to the decision to do something new/different. Remember that everything within their current system (the people, rules, relationships, politics, etc.) conspire to maintain their status quo and will continue to do so until something changes. We can't know what that 'something' is as we are outsiders. But we can sure help them figure it out much more quickly than they would doing it on their own.

They have to figure stuff out before they buy your product or face internal disruption if all of the necessary 'powers that be' aren't on board. They can do this with you or without you. Facilitative Questions are tools that bring the decision elements together. So in the above question in re vendors, it brings together the decision team, the new necessary choices, the criteria that will need to be developed or decided upon, the juxtaposition of a new vendor vs an established/known/loved vendor.

Normal questions seek data on decisions already made. They don't move the client forward in their decision, just extract data for the use of the seller. Facilitative Questions teach clients how to make their best decisions.

Hope this helps. It's a different concept, I know... but it works.
Can you plz let me know what you mean by 'interview step'? Who is interviewing who? and for what reason?
Prior to presenting a solution I sit down with customers and ask them questions to get an idea of what it is they want and how to help them get it. That is the interview step for me.

Normal questions seek data on decisions already made.
This is close to what I was thinking. If you ask for the answer then that's all you get but if you ask a question that gets them to rethink or reformulate the answer you might do better. - by Houston
Very close, Houston. Even more amazing, the Facilitative Questions actually teach them to THINK THROUGH all of the issues they may not have been aware of.

Conventional questions just pull data from a decision already made.

Facilitative Questions teach them how to organize all of the 'bits' that need to go into their next decision.

cool, right?! but it's necessary to take care and have no bias. That's why I developed the sequence to how decisions actually get made.

You might want to get my book Buying Facilitation: the new way to sell. It's explained there... the sequence is based on how their brain thinks and the route the brain takes to make new decisions.

Are the facilitative questions created on the fly or do you have a model for creating the questions or are the questions pretty much predetermined? - by Houston
Hi again, Houston (and, since I live in Dallas, it's fun addressing you as Houston..):

Since I never know how someone will respond, or where they need to make their next decision (and every Facilitative Question leads to some sort of decision as the brain goes from one decision point to the next on the way toward a final decision), it's impossible to make scripts. Not only that, the FQs are interspersed with Presumptive Summaries and Agreements....

The FQs are part of my entire Buying Facilitation Method process.
I teach people how to formulate them in a classroom and coaching. That's what I do for a living.

Once folks learn how to listen through a Systems filter rather than a Content filter, they are easier to formulate but still need practice. And OH, do i wish it were easy. But think of it as learning to play tennis, or learning a new language. Just takes a few weeks of practice and then you've got it.... Difficult mainly cuz we've never been taught to think that way.

So - yes, on the fly, they follow the sequence of decision making, and never scripted, and can be learned.

The book Buying Facilitation will get you to understanding how to listen, the explaining the system behind them, and that's a good start. Won't get you all the way there (i cannot get you there without coaching/training any more than you could learn a new language totally on your own) but it will make a good start.

Good luck, Houston. Let me know if i can help you learn.
I watched your video yesterday...

...and in that video you said that information doesn't help people make decisions. My question is have you used facilitative questions in advertising before and if you have was there a noticeable difference in response rates? - by SpeedRacer
Hi Speedracer:

I use FQs with everything I do. One of my dreams is that marketing will begin using them to design interactive ads rather than one-dimensional ones. Imagine instead of a beautiful ad for a very expensive car, there is also the question: How would you know it was time to buy a luxury car?

The nature of the question itself makes the ad interactive and memorable, plus will connect with far more people than a visual.

Do you want to try it? Are you creating an ad campaign and want to design some FQs for it?

The problem I"ve had is that so few folks (relatively) understand what these questions do that they can't get their brain around them (literally). For me it's so simple.. and so vital. - by Sharon Drew Morgen
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.