Home > Marketing > Pre-Paid Services

Pre-Paid Services

Last night my company invited a nice young lady from prepaid legal services to give us an overview of their products. What do you think of this concept of sales?

It was only 30 bucks a month. Less than a cup of coffee a day, to steal a line from her presentation.

Would it work in your line of business?

What businesses do you think it would work in?

It is obviously working in the legal system and medical systems.

Why?

Why Not? - by Jorel
What do you get for the money? - by Thomas
What do you get for the money?
Well for each service there is a differnent price list and differnent list of services you get for your money.

http://wserver0.prepaidlegal.com/ for legal.

Talk to your healt care provider for different services. - by Jorel
That looks like more people would want the "opportunity" than the "legal plan". - by Thomas
That looks like more people would want the "opportunity" than the "legal plan".

Well that may be your preference, as you are in sales however I think the commisions are kinda low for me to sell the opportunity. I think the legal plan makes more sense for me especially since I believe in the power of always having paid profesional to reference.

But what I am asking in original post is do you think it would be a good business plan? And what services could be sold through this?

I have also relized along with health insurance burial plots are sold this way. - by Jorel
Well, let's see...

I use pre-paid legal, without the theft identity rider...it costs me $17/mo and it's MORE than paid for itself in consulting alone on top of the yearly will updating.

We also offer pre-paid services - basically an on-call support plan. Priority support with QuickBooks/Accounting questions via phone or e-mail...otherwise it's a first come first serve plan. In addition, we have training services on QuickBooks...we've done 10 hour pre-paid classes - we schedule around the client...an hour here, two hours there...until the 10 hours are gone...

It works pretty good...it works for Wal-Mart and other dept stores as well...one reason it works for them is they end up with paid cards that are never redeemed...or only partially spent - left with $1 and change left on it...it adds up quick! - by brandonmorris
Last night my company invited a nice young lady from prepaid legal services to give us an overview of their products. What do you think of this concept of sales?

It was only 30 bucks a month. Less than a cup of coffee a day, to steal a line from her presentation.

Would it work in your line of business?

What businesses do you think it would work in?

It is obviously working in the legal system and medical systems.

Why?

Why Not?
I think it is a waste of money, imo you are better off investing money and then using it if you need it instead of putting money towards things you will never use.... - by benjamin-benjamin
I think it is a waste of money, imo you are better off investing money and then using it if you need it instead of putting money towards things you will never use....

Reading your statement it sounds like you suggest that health insurance would be a waste of money then? Is this correct or do you think that there may be certain services that this would be a good model for? - by Jorel
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.