Home > Resistance > Patterns of Resistance

Patterns of Resistance

Do you notice a pattern to the resistance or types of resistance you encounter? - by Houston
When I cold call most of the objections are "we're going to do it ourselves", "we're not in a hurry", "we think we have a buyer", or "we don't want to pay a commission". - by Thomas
Are you doing anything to preempt those objections Thomas? - by Houston
Are you doing anything to preempt those objections Thomas?
Those are objections I get when I cold call. What could I do to preempt them? - by Thomas
Those are objections I get when I cold call. What could I do to preempt them?
One idea to preempt some of these objections and get a chance at opening a dialogue is to make sure you don't sound/act/look like and become associated with every other salesperson on the blocl. (Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck...) - by Houston
Do you notice a pattern to the resistance or types of resistance you encounter?
The objective or High Probability Prospecting is to make appointments with prospects that want to buy the benefits of your product or service and to disqualify everyone else. Therefore, any resistance is an acceptable reason for disqualification.

Spending time, energy and emotional stamina trying to overcome resistance is a low probability activity. It takes time away from finding the High Probability Prospects.

That does not mean that overcoming resistance cannot be done - its just not very productive. - by JacquesWerth
The objective or High Probability Prospecting is to make appointments with prospects that want to buy the benefits of your product or service and to disqualify everyone else. Therefore, any resistance is an acceptable reason for disqualification.

Spending time, energy and emotional stamina trying to overcome resistance is a low probability activity. It takes time away from finding the High Probability Prospects.

That does not mean that overcoming resistance cannot be done - its just not very productive.
This is a great point. Disqualifying people quickly, and cost efficiently is something most people do NOT do. - by MaxReferrals

That does not mean that overcoming resistance cannot be done - its just not very productive.
Great point - Making sure that the client you are about to spend time with and that you will get the sale at the end of it is something a lot don't do.

I am guilty of that at times. - by Snowboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.