Home > Cold Calling > cold callin for a Telco

cold callin for a Telco

Has anybody got any recommendation on how to innitate a telco cold call.
By the time I tell them my name and the company i work for they tell me there not intrested.

Is there a good starting point.

By the way I`m in Australia so hopefully i won`t be competing with anyone on the forum.
Cheers - by Stang
Can you give an example of the script you're using now? - by Mikey
Hi , Peter calling on behalf of ******* business.
How are you today…..
The reason for my call is ******* has just launched their new phone and internet business plans. Am I speaking to the person who looks after this side of the business.

I was wondering when a good time would be available to pop in and discuss this with you in person. - by Stang
How about something short and to the point like:

This is Peter with *******. We specialize in *********** and **********. Is this type of service something you want? - by Jolly Roger

This is Peter with *******. We specialize in *********** and **********. Is this type of service something you want?
An excellent example from HPP Jolly Roger. Although I don't cold call, I do think their philosophies are among the very best in the business.

You're example uses 19 words, which if I remember correctly, is half of what they say is most effective. Shouldn't Peter's opener also explain at least one benefit of his service before asking if this is what they want?

It's been a while since I've read up on their process but I have every intention of doing so as my next project (2008) will be a sales room using HPPing to the MAX!

Greg ;bg - by bluenote
You're example uses 19 words, which if I remember correctly, is half of what they say is most effective. Shouldn't Peter's opener also explain at least one benefit of his service before asking if this is what they want?
2 features is ideal and no more than 45 words. In my example you would replace the asterisks with features.

It's been a while since I've read up on their process but I have every intention of doing so as my next project (2008) will be a sales room using HPPing to the MAX!
For telephone prospecting I haven't found anything better. Good luck with your nex project. thmbp2; - by Jolly Roger
Hi there,

Finally another one in the same boat as me... Well now I guess we can form a group.

I am too also a Telco appointment setter and from Australia. Yes and you might be my competitonstcktng; :cr *Joking ;bg thmbp2; ...

I understand where your coming from and perhaps we can help out each other with ideas and suggestions.

I usually introduce myself and ask for the person who looks after the telecommunications for the company. Once I am put through I verify if they are the person. Once thats done I ask them if they have time to speak with me. If yes I tell them why I called and if not I ask when its appropriate to call back and ask for their direct line.

Who are you working for if you dont mind me asking? and which state are you in? Im from Sydney. - by I make appointments
Most "telco" sales calls are so "canned" and the people sound so bored that as soon as someone says "I'm from Comcast" or whoever, my mind is on to how can I get rid of this person.;ma

My advice- make sure that you sound enthusiastic, slow down the pace and speak clearly oh and ask the person if now is a good time to talk. I find if you are curteous and understanding of their time then you'll be more successful.thmbp2; - by Julian

This is Peter with *******. We specialize in *********** and **********. Is this type of service something you want?
Being a telco an open ended question like that would normally result with a no we already have someone looking after our telco needs. - by Stang
Being a telco an open ended question like that would normally result with a no we already have someone looking after our telco needs.
It might normaly result in a "No" from those who don't want what you're offering but for those that do want what you're offering it could be music to their ears. bgwnk; - by Jolly Roger
I agree with Julian,

Be clear when you speak and take your time.

When you are feel confident and sound sincere and friendly, much of the time people will listen.thmbp2; - by I make appointments
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.