Home > Personal Selling > team sales.. learning after the teaching

team sales.. learning after the teaching

I have been in sales for some time now and i am putting together a few new techniques that i believe every salesperson could benifit from, i've put an extract from my work below, i'm looking for feedback, ideas and comments......

The role of a salesperson is to bring revenue into a business constrained solely by the remit of the position and policies and procedures of the company.

“A team is as strong as the weakest member…. but can be as powerful as the strongest”

Every warm blooded sales person dreams of closing that big deal, enjoys the thrill of the chase and ultimately achieving their personal, company or financial targets. Over the years millions of pounds have been spent on developing generic approaches which can facilitate this goal, but what transpires is; even if every member staff attends the same seminars, hosted by the same sales coaches, and submit similar presentations to the same market there are always under and over achievers.

“Sales is a numbers game... the more sales you acquire the higher the numbers on your payslip”

Calculated theorising and generic approaches have proven to work on an nth% of people, the determining factor of success is in the understanding and individualisation of the taught principles and the continued incorporation and development of these principles into ‘real life scenarios’

If a environment can be sustained where praise can be awarded to the over achievers allowing them to openly discuss their achievements and detail the methods that were implemented in securing their achievement with specific clients, this will allow a forum in which the weaker members of the group may collectively learn and question techniques and principles which in turn should develop there own sales skills and presentations.

By realising, utilising and sharing the skills within the group, collective as a team they will gain an inspirational understand of what is achievable within their role dictated by the stronger team players.

This technique will only work within a progressive environment.

this is just a small extract, if you'd like to read more; pm me. I have some new ideas on creating a progressive working environment, cross selling, up selling, finding clients, keeping clients, closing clients and most aspects of the sales process. All of these concepts have be developed over 7 years and practised in real sales situations. cl2; - by salesman
“Sales is a numbers game... the more sales you acquire the higher the numbers on your payslip”
I disagree on this baby.

All right. Selling is a number’s game: Some buy. Some don’t. So what? Next!

But then how about cardiac surgery: Some die. Some don’t. So what? Next!

Or manufacturing aeroplanes: Some crash. Some don’t. So what? Next!

I believe that instead of going after the numbers, we'd better go after better quality leads. About 2-3% of leads are ready to buy, and the other 97% can go into an automated lead nurturing process.

And one more thing. Just because we acquire more sales, it doesn't mean they are high-margin sales. And as a mentor of mine has said, "Sales are vanity. Margins are sanity."

But this may make a difference. Commissions are calculated on gross sales. I'm a solo consultant and my livelihood depends on the net margin.

Am I making sense here? - by Bald Dog
If we only pitch to leads that we know will defiantly (or more than likely) produce a sale is good in an ideal world, but during the filtering process many potential leads may well be over looked and lost, also the filter will be determined by the strengths of the individual sales person…

It is true that
Some buy. Some don’t and during cardiac surgery: Some die. Some don’t Or in manufacturing airplanes: Some crash. Some don’t.

But by identifying the definitive factors which determine the success, by harnessing the collective strengths and hands on experience of the team. this may allow a broader filtration system to be implemented.

Overlooking a client due to net margins is an arrogant approach; I teach and personally maximize every sale opportunity available to me, I encourage bringing in all revenue at all times, if my clients list is too large for me to cope with then I may focus my attention on net margins (or hire another pa).

There is already a proven method to cater for the 3% of consumers that are ready to buy and it’s called a vending machine, we as sales people are trained to reach a broader audience. - by salesman
If we only pitch to leads that we know will defiantly (or more than likely) produce a sale is good in an ideal world, but during the filtering process many potential leads may well be over looked and lost, also the filter will be determined by the strengths of the individual sales person…
Good points salesman. - by Mikey
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.