Home > Personal Selling > How Long Does It Take To Sell?

How Long Does It Take To Sell?

What would it entail? - by Wonderboy
Are you asking how long it takes to learn to sell? - by Houston
I guess so. Maybe the question is whether you can learn to sell or is there such a thing as a natural-born salesperson? - by Wonderboy
I guess so. Maybe the question is whether you can learn to sell or is there such a thing as a natural-born salesperson?
Can a person "Learn to Sell"? Yes it is possible. The information is available to anyone who looks for it.

Is there such a thing as a "natural-born salesperson"? Yes there is. shds; - by Houston
I guess so. Maybe the question is whether you can learn to sell or is there such a thing as a natural-born salesperson?
There are what people refer to as "natural salespeople." In my opinion, they are people who have learned a set of behaviors that are useful in selling. It usually began in their early childhood.

We have trained people, who have no sales experience or inclination, to be highly successful within a few months. However, a behavioral profile analysis showed they have the characteristics of most highly successful salespeople. - by JacquesWerth
How long will depend on how bad you want it and how much you put into your training. Some people can pack 10 years of experience into 1 where others get 1 year of experience out of 10. - by Mikey
I don't believe sales people are born naturals. I think people can naturally posess certain attributes: charisma, charm, humor and likeability. These will go a long way to gain a person's trust--especially likeability.
I believe sales is learned. When you have some of the attributes I mentioned and know how to sell, I think you'll be very succesful.

Susan - by susana
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.