Home > Personal Selling > Is there too much training?

Is there too much training?

In over 20 years of sales I have been on countless sales training courses. Some good and some not so good.

My question is, are we drowning in sales "training" - too much conflicting advice?

Are we in danger of being paralysed by training? - by Julian
Is there really that much sales training? Is there a list or directory available of sales trainers or sales training programs? - by Iceman
Is there really that much sales training? Is there a list or directory available of sales trainers or sales training programs?
The last time we analyzed the numbers on the Internet, we found:
Over 22,000 unique websites offer sales training; and
Over 110,000 unique websites offer sales coaching.

Almost all of them offer to make you a great persuader.
Hardly any of them are very persuasive. - by JacquesWerth
Is there really that much sales training? Is there a list or directory available of sales trainers or sales training programs?
I doubt most salespeople could name a dozen sales trainers or training programs. There might be a directory somewhere but I haven't personally seen one. - by SpeedRacer
My point is - with so much training out there, are we not in danger of being "over trained" with conflicting advice/ techniques so much so that our performance actually declines as a result of the confusion? :cu - by Julian
My point is - with so much training out there, are we not in danger of being "over trained" with conflicting advice/ techniques so much so that our performance actually declines as a result of the confusion? :cu
There are tens of thousands of trainers and coaches teaching their favorate forms of "Needs Selling." That could be very confusing. So, it seems you are right about that.

However, there are very few teaching the new paradigm of "Wants Selling," a statistically superior sales process. I only know of only one.

Of course, I have a very strong bias. - by JacquesWerth
I tried to take some type of sales training once a year. I didn't find much out in the market that appealed to me. The few that I attended never seem to deliver much that I found new. it was usually the same old stuff rehashed in a different way.

Susan - by susana
My point is - with so much training out there, are we not in danger of being "over trained" with conflicting advice/ techniques so much so that our performance actually declines as a result of the confusion? :cu
An abundance of sales training and conflicting advice/techniques has been available for many many years yet most sales people are UNDER trained not OVER trained. - by Jolly Roger
i thnk there's too much training. some of the newer material i have reviewed sounds like elementary school teaching lagh2; - by royale11
some of the newer material i have reviewed sounds like elementary school teaching lagh2;
Did you feel the material was elementary? What would you like to see different? - by BossMan
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.