Home > Personal Selling > What is "The Art of Sales"?

What is "The Art of Sales"?

I'm just trying to see if most people are on the same page. How would you describe "The Art of Sales?" - by Calvin
To me, "The Art of Sales" is employing various skills, technqiues and imagination to sales situations. - by Frankie
Selling is first and formost a business. For those that choose to practice it as an art, the most effective form of art is strategy. So, selling is one area where we can practice the Art of Strategy. If we are skilled in strategy, which starts with understanding what strategy is, then we can use those skills to practice The Art of Sales. - by Gary Boye
If we are skilled in strategy, which starts with understanding what strategy is, then we can use those skills to practice The Art of Sales.
So what would the art of sales be? :confused: - by Calvin
So what would the art of sales be? :confused:
It is The Art of Strategy and its timeless principles applied to the selling arena. The principles do not change, but they must be interpreted for selling. For my part, this is not the forum to provide those interpretations. However, my definition is correct. - by Gary Boye
It is The Art of Strategy and its timeless principles applied to the selling arena. The principles do not change, but they must be interpreted for selling. For my part, this is not the forum to provide those interpretations.
So the timeless principles of "The Art of Strategy" could be applied to any arena, yes? Where could a person read about these timeless priciples? - by Calvin
So the timeless principles of "The Art of Strategy" could be applied to any arena, yes? Where could a person read about these timeless priciples?
Buy The Art of War The Art of Sales by Gary Gagliardi who is one of the world's foremost experts on strategy. It is perhaps the best book on selling ever written. It is a profound and serious study.

Note: I'm on the spot here. Although I am licensed to orchestrate seminars for Mr. Gagliardi, and I use his works in my coaching with clients, I do not sell the book. I hope this is a satisfactory disclaimer. I posted my replies here not for any personal gain but simply to provide information to the best of my beliefs and knowledge. - by Gary Boye
Buy The Art of War The Art of Sales by Gary Gagliardi who is one of the world's foremost experts on strategy. It is perhaps the best book on selling ever written. It is a profound and serious study.
Thank you for the book recommendation. I just now purchased a copy from Amazon. ;) - by Calvin
I envision "The Art of Sales" as the creative use of sales tools and techniques. :) - by WobblyBox
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.