Home > Customer Service > Customer service - Lowering the bar

Customer service - Lowering the bar

Are customer's customer service expectations too high? Where did these expectations come from? There was a poll on CNN last month ranking customer service for cellular phone companies weren't too positive. Maybe the bar should be lowered. - by Thomas
Are customer's customer service expectations too high? Where did these expectations come from? There was a poll on CNN last month ranking customer service for cellular phone companies weren't too positive. Maybe the bar should be lowered.
Lowering the bar isn't the answer and in practice isn't an option. On the whole I believe most people are fair and reasonable in their expectations. - by Jolly Roger
I agree with Jolly Rancher. Most customer service problems or request are not due to the fact that customers want something for nothing. I think that most customers just want to be treated fairly. - by awards mike
I don't know, I've seen many people come through with an attitude of entitlement that would make the thickest skinned salesperson cringe. ohn; ;st

Generally speaking I would say only a very small percentage of customers are unreasonable in their expectations. - by Calvin
Most of the customer service problems I've seen came about because of the employee's unmet expectations not the customer's. ;) - by AZBroker
no they are not, because if someone doesn't want to meet their expectations... i will and earn the business.... - by benjamin-benjamin
Most of the customer service problems I've seen came about because of the employee's unmet expectations not the customer's. ;)
Same with life. msnwnk;

no they are not, because if someone doesn't want to meet their expectations... i will and earn the business....
Depending on the expectations I would go after the business too. thmbp2; - by Marcus
Great thoughts and posts on this guys, for me I say definately not. The customer comes in with the expectation and no matter how high this is the perception of the customers expectations once met - will result in a sale.

"When the customer perception of value exceed the price - They will buy".

A lot of the time the customer perception of value is in the customer service side of things.

Great Thread starter. thmbp2;

Cheers
Keith - by Snowboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.