Home > Approach > Preapproach versus Homework

Preapproach versus Homework

I've been doing a little reading lately and came across the term preapproach. From what I can gather this means to do your homework (research). Is that right or am I missing something? :confused: - by kodah
Kodah,

Here's how the American Marketing Association defines it:

preapproach - The activities preceding the sales call that include prospecting, collecting information, and planning the sales presentation.

I'm sure different people have different ideas about what tasks should be included in the preapproach, but it is basically just talking about the "homework" you do before contacting a prospect.

Kathleen - by KSA-Mktg
Kodah,

Here's how the American Marketing Association defines it:

preapproach - The activities preceding the sales call that include prospecting, collecting information, and planning the sales presentation.

I'm sure different people have different ideas about what tasks should be included in the preapproach, but it is basically just talking about the "homework" you do before contacting a prospect.

Kathleen
Thanks Kathleen.

Does the American Marketing Association have a glossary where I can look up other marketing terms? - by kodah
Yes, the AMA has an online dictionary. You can find it here: http://www.marketingpower.com/mg-dictionary.php?

Happy Hunting,

Kathleen - by KSA-Mktg
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.