Home > Personal Selling > Drive the C.A.R. Technique and close more.

Drive the C.A.R. Technique and close more.

Great day all,

As a Job Ready Strategist, I coach clients who are unemployed, recent graduates or contemplating a career change.

One of the most frequently asked question(s) asked on an interview is, why should we (employer) hire you to work for our company?

The way one answers, might very well influence the decision making process to hire or not to hire.

I would like to share with you today a technique that I recommend my client's utilize called, C.A.R. The acronym stands for, Challenge, Action and Result.

Its application is simple yet powerful if executed right. Before you answer, it is important to have done your research on the company you are interviewing with and may help discover a specific need. This is simply good business practice.

Your response utilizing the C.A.R. technique will answer a similar situation you had to face in your company and the actions you took to solve that challenge and the results obtained. Again, the challenge was...the action you took was...the result was...

The C.A.R. technique can be utilized in sales as well. When a client (employer) asks, why should I purchase your product/service from you (interviewee)? You in essence have to demonstrate how your product/service first understands the challenge, how your product/service will meet that challenge and finally bring about the results that meet the clients need(s).

How do you drive your C.A.R. in your business?

Questions, comments, thoughts. thmbp2;

- by job ready strategist
I like it.

It reminds me of the Feel, Felt, Found technique.

"Yes mr. prospect, I can appreciate how you FEEL. As a matter of fact many of our current clients FELT exactly the same why you did. And they FOUND that our company exceeded their expectations as I know you will as well, now would you like to take delivery on tuesday or thursday? - by Big Rob
I like it.

It reminds me of the Feel, Felt, Found technique.

"Yes mr. prospect, I can appreciate how you FEEL. As a matter of fact many of our current clients FELT exactly the same why you did. And they FOUND that our company exceeded their expectations as I know you will as well, now would you like to take delivery on tuesday or thursday?

Big Rob,

Thanks for your input.

Good stuff. thmbp2; - by job ready strategist
Really enjoyed this post Job Ready Strategist. Keep up the good posts. - by Snowboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.