Home > Personal Selling > Selling: Easy Or Complicated?

Selling: Easy Or Complicated?

Do you feel you'd be more successful if selling was less complicated, or more so?

(as I mentioned elsewhere, I made my basic selling a little more complicated with a three-step process which has brought me great success). - by Wonderboy
Do you feel you'd be more successful if selling was less complicated, or more so?

(as I mentioned elsewhere, I made my basic selling a little more complicated with a three-step process which has brought me great success).
How much less complicated can selling get when people are involved? - by Houston
It is rather easy indeed, but only after you understand
a person's true needs and the problems they are
trying to solve. - by MaxReferrals

(as I mentioned elsewhere, I made my basic selling a little more complicated with a three-step process which has brought me great success).
I think I might be slightly dodging the question, but I think doing OK in selling is easy. I think doing very, very well can be exceptionally complicated.

Sales professionals are required to display a huge swathe of skills, often in a board level environment – non-verbal communication, problem-solving, communication, territory management, presenting, conflict resolution, even financial and risk analysis. The truth is – it’s hard – really hard (and therefore complicated), and not many people can do it well.

Because selling well is complicated, those who master it get rewarded well, because they contribute significant value and there is low level of supply of such people.
- by Ed McLean
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.