Home > Advertising > "Don't You Dare Peek Ahead, I'm Warning You!"

"Don't You Dare Peek Ahead, I'm Warning You!"

Makes a good headline for certain products and services. - by Wonderboy
Makes a good headline for certain products and services.
I'm not so sure about that. To me it seems like an obvious hook. - by AZBroker
To me it seems like an obvious hook.
I wouldn't bite. hpy3; - by Jolly Roger
What kind of product would you use this for and what would be the reason you would want to do it?
Have you tried it successfully before?

Martha Prince
Advertising Executive - by MPrince
A good headline is one that captures the attention of a market for your product. The above does none of that. Beware Cute and Clever in advertising. - by Ace Coldiron
I'm wondering how it would work as well for most sales situations that I'm familiar with... insurance, cars, homes and such unless you had an open house kind of meeting and promised something really big.

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
For what kind of products this is a good headline?

Personally I would never use it in the b2b environment, it sounds to sleazy. - by AlenMajer
Here is well-accepted criteria for writing a powerful headline:

1. Every headline should appeal to the reader's self-interest.
2. Always try to inject news into the headline--consumers are always on the lookout for new products, etc.
3. Five times as many people read the headlines as read the body copy, so it is important that these glancers at least be told what brand is being advertised.
4. In the average newspaper, your headline must compete with 350 others. Your headline must telegraph what you want to say and telegraph it in plain language. Don't play games with the reader.
5. Avoid blind headlines--the kind that mean nothng unless you read the body copy underneath them; most people don't.

Based on the above, (particularly #4 & #5), I would write a more direct headline, personally. - by Rainmaker
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.