Home > Personal Development > Congruent goals

Congruent goals

After about a year and a half of driving around with my "Tony Robbins Goal Setting Seminar" on my iPod, I finally decided to give it a whirl again. As some of you know, I'm a big TR fan, and would HIGHLY recommend his products (please email me for a link - I may as well get paid if I'm promoting him..lol).

In any event, This is the first time I've run through the seminar since I was in my late 20's (I'm 45 now). What I found is that back then, I couldn't stop my pen when it came to "thing goals", however, enrichment goals were practically non-existent. This time around, I had 2 solid pages of "what I want to do/see/be when I grow up" goals, and less than a DOZEN thing goals and even THOSE were hard to come up with. I made this comment to my wife and she said "oh, I could come up with PAGES of them".

I asked my wife (of 19 years, 22 together thank you) to run the seminar for herself to see what she really wants out of life then, but she keeps avoiding the question.

My question is this; Once I put my plan into motion, I'm afraid that our goals will be very divergent and conflicting - even though she really hasn't identified them to herself or me. What I am afraid of is that I will find our values and goals in conflict, thereby preventing my accomplishments for fear of "steamrolling over her" to get there.

Has anyone else been faced with this dillema?, how did you overcome it? - by TommyMac5
My question is this; Once I put my plan into motion, I'm afraid that our goals will be very divergent and conflicting - even though she really hasn't identified them to herself or me. What I am afraid of is that I will find our values and goals in conflict, thereby preventing my accomplishments for fear of "steamrolling over her" to get there.

Has anyone else been faced with this dillema?, how did you overcome it?
I faced similar concerns in the past. What I found was that these concerns lead to self-sabotage which stopped me in my tracks. Eventually I pursued a few of the original goals and found out that my concerns were unwarranted. If I would have known then what I know now. - by AZBroker
What I am afraid of is that I will find our values and goals in conflict, thereby preventing my accomplishments for fear of "steamrolling over her" to get there.
How does she feel about your goals? - by Jolly Roger
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.