Home > Technology > "One word" for Internet Marketing

"One word" for Internet Marketing

I have a question for those who are students and experts on Internet marketing.

Let me preface the question. I developed a personal tool years ago to give me focus and enhance my understanding of things. What I do is attach one word to a general topic that would describe and keep me in line with my belief. For instance, on the subject of merchandising, I attach the word, limitation. On the subject of strategy as it pertains to my own philosophy, I attach the word simplicity.

If one word could be used to peg the right direction in Internet marketing today, what would that word be? I'm not looking for fluffy words like perserverence or motivational jargon.

Any help on this? - by Gary Boye
That's a great idea Gary.

I'm not an Internet Marketing student or expert but the term "revolution" comes to my mind. - by Jolly Roger
"honesty"

IMO, the flood of get rich quick schemes and spam have made a lot of people equate the term with unethical behavior. Fortunately, there are plenty ethical people out there using honest Internet marketing techniques to counteract this. - by Bobette Kyle
The word "opportunity" springs to my mind. ;) - by Jackie
...but the term "revolution" comes to my mind.
In my mind "evolution" comes to mind. :) - by SEO-LAD
Great Question!

"NoiseLess" fits the bill in my marketing strategy and my company uses that word to reference our content.

Best,

Ritchie - by cs_obd
"Radical" I think...

best, - by blu.raven11
I'd say "creativity". - by msato
creativity or originality would be good words. you might want to try two words; after all, you are trying to suggest a complex idea that combines at least two concepts: marketing and internet. in other words, the concept has to evoke an action (marketing), how (honestly, responsably?) and by what means you are going to carry that action out (internet). I hope this helps; Good luck! - by Royal-Realtor
Opportunity. Companies large and small have the opportunity to reach markets that weren't accessible or cost effective through traditional advertising. - by Houston
I have a question for those who are students and experts on Internet marketing.

Let me preface the question. I developed a personal tool years ago to give me focus and enhance my understanding of things. What I do is attach one word to a general topic that would describe and keep me in line with my belief. For instance, on the subject of merchandising, I attach the word, limitation. On the subject of strategy as it pertains to my own philosophy, I attach the word simplicity.

If one word could be used to peg the right direction in Internet marketing today, what would that word be? I'm not looking for fluffy words like perserverence or motivational jargon.

Any help on this?

i would say the following word: Targeted. - by MaxReferrals
Hi Gary:

"MEMBERSHIP"

The reason I say this word is because a membership website offers you recurring, monthly income on a regular basis. When you sell ebooks, DVD's, courses, from your website you must continue to move each of these products to a new customer each time a sale is made. Then you have to work like mad to continue to sell these paid customers more products and continually search for more new customers. Many are only a one-time sale.

But when you create a membership site, offering unique and valuable information to a particular niche, you charge a monthly fee for access to this information. You have income coming in month after month, year after year, for a one-time sale.

I'm presently creating a members-only site geared to unique and innovative sales training (my methods are different than most trainers) and the small fee brings a twice-monthly email newsletter, along with access to the password-protected website full of freebies along with all types of unusual training courses, ebooks, videos, etc. that can be purchased.

For only $9 per month people wanting to increase their sales and income can join the group. There are no long-term commitments and the membership fee can be cancelled at any time. Once I get only 750 people worldwide the income the site generates will be $6750 PER MONTH. Once that membership number is attained, I will increase the monthly fee to $15 per month for all new members.

Do you see the value and income potential of this website model? It's incredible. And the real value of building a site using this model is that it generates equity (unlike many business websites). In other words, once you show potential buyers your monthly income figures you can sell the site for a substantial amount.

And with the membership website software available today, you can easily manage 10-20 membership websites per month. In my opinion, the income potential, the building of equity, and the ease of operation make this the best method of generating a stay-at-home income on the Internet today...Coach Doug - by Dougd55
Hi,
This certainly makes a good point, you are trying to suggest a complex idea that combines at least two concepts: marketing and internet. In other words, the concept has to evoke an action (marketing), how (honestly, responsably?) and by what means you are going to carry that action out (internet). I'd like to see the response of others on this topic which Makes this interesting for reading. I hope this helps; Good luck! thmbp2; - by SylviaVictor
Opportunity. Companies large and small have the opportunity to reach markets that weren't accessible or cost effective through traditional advertising.
I am a small company, and I can attest to the opportunity to reach markets that I could not have afforded to reach through traditional advertising.

Rita - by Rita_Jo
Most people don't realize the value of what they know. Someone always has more knowledge than we have, but at the same time, many who don't have this knowledge are thirsty for it.

I'm also working on a memberrship site for selling and marketing to the affluent buyer...my area of expertise. Doug is 100% correct. Harness what you know and create passive income.

Susan - by susana
"Reach". That's the word I would use. - by Thomas
coup d'etat

Going to be in the best interest of those that want to survive to team up with others.

Help each other out. Solo "ethical" tactics will not make you real money soon. Team efforts have been and continue to be the source.

thmbp2; - by Ricky Parker
Nice Thread!!!
Internet marketing, also referred to as online marketing or Emarketing, is marketing that uses the Internet. The Internet has brought many unique benefits to marketing including low costs in distributing information and media to a global audience. Nowadays, there are many ways on the internet in which you can make money easily. Though there are many ways, only some of them are successful. - by riche
Necessary!

Success,

Rory Wilfong
ProspectMX.com - by rwilfong
I like Opportunity. It is there and you are free to explore and grab it. thmbp2; - by waynelong
Great question. For me the word would be "targeted". I think that's the great thing about Internet Marketing, the ability to very closely target your market. - by ditch182
Hate to break the party mood, but Let's hope "SCAMS" does not become top of the mind! - by alexhar
Sorry guys, internet marketing is "piracy and looting" where the big corps play the role of the strong warlords and the affiliate marketers, domainers and seos play the role of the small bands of looters - by Mert
Sorry guys, internet marketing is "piracy and looting" where the big corps play the role of the strong warlords and the affiliate marketers, domainers and seos play the role of the small bands of looters
What big corps Mert. What would be an example? - by AZBroker
Sorry guys, internet marketing is "piracy and looting" where the big corps play the role of the strong warlords and the affiliate marketers, domainers and seos play the role of the small bands of looters
:cu

If you are going state this POV please do share how you figure this to be in your head. - by Ricky Parker
The best have already been said - opportunity, targeted etc.

I would add the word "behaviour" - the majority of methods used in Internet or Web Marketing are based on the behaviour of people, from a relevancy, short-time-span, AIDA point of view.
Think of Social Networking, for instance. One of the fastest ways to build an online community and one of the most effective ways to share experiences - good and sometimes bad.
Think of Keyword Research - if you can find the search terms that most match your target customer/market, and what they search for, your website (if optimised properly) will be seen by those who are looking for what you offer.
Think of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) - search engine algorithms and on-page/off page optimisation.
Think of PPC (Paid per click) - how do you increase your CTR? Gain a surfers attention, offer something in return and send them to a landing page that mirrors the wording of the add.
Think of Email Marketing - build long-term trust, credibility and authority by speaking your audiences language.
Think of Copywriting - the words you use on your website will either engage the prospect or make them hit the small cross at the top right hand corner of your browser.
Think of Link Building - get a big 'ol slap on the back from a website that compliments your website - and recieve quality traffic, lastly,
Think of Web Design and Usability - what do visitors think when they first arrive at your website - until you provide content that is relevent, informational, clear, compelling and concise, visitors will vote with their feet ;co
Any thoughts?

Tony - by Tonyd
Sorry to be cynical again. The word "opportunity" is now considered a SPAM word...emails with this word often gets undelivered or is automatically trashed.

There are of course new and creative ways to spell the word. It certainly provide so much opportunities.

Thanks for bring this up. - by alexhar
The question was:

If one word could be used to peg the right direction in Internet marketing today, what would that word be?

My answer would be SOURCE.

SOURCE implies "go to", resource, convenience, accessability, connectivity. Certainly those would be the goals of Internet marketing.

I would believe that Jeff's goal with SalesPractice is to be the SOURCE of sales education. - by Ace Coldiron
In our software program, Success on Contact, we define this as two words put together;

DATASOURCE

It is a source for lead generation. It is a source for you prospective customers to research you. It is a source for research - for you to find customers.

But if you think of it as "buyers finding you" then it is the SOURCE of the data that is at issue. In other words, once they get into your database, how do we know where they came from?

What was their SOURCE ... and unless you only work leads from online (and even if you do - you want to know it was GOOGLE or YAHOO - that it was a PPC campaign, or; The New York Times), this is very important to understand.

There is no one word.

- by Gold Calling
Relationship.

Unlike the real world where you need to physically communicate the net allows communication to may people with a single set of words.

Make a video with your message and broadcast it to a bunch of subscribers/customers and you can build a relationship (yes a 'real' relationship) with them. Wonderful - by helisell
Great Question!

"NoiseLess" fits the bill in my marketing strategy and my company uses that word to reference our content.

Best,

Ritchie
I like it... the first word that came to mind was "clutter" meaning to NOT add to it... or don't get lost in it... - by Andrea
i would say the following word: Targeted.
You stole mine!!! that is what I was gonna say msnwnk; - by Andrea
The question was:

If one word could be used to peg the right direction in Internet marketing today, what would that word be?

SOURCE implies "go to", resource, convenience, accessability, connectivity. Certainly those would be the goals of Internet marketing.

I would believe that Jeff's goal with SalesPractice is to be the SOURCE of sales education.
Other words in that same thread are "destination" and "portal"...

just food for thought... ;bg - by Andrea
ok... I don't know if this one has been said but one of my favorite business terms is LEVERAGE...

omg... you can leverage the snot out of anything and ESPECIALLY the internet...

- leverage the technology
- leverage on the trends i.e. social networking or the youtube phenomenon
- leverage on partnerships (i.e. referral links etc.)
- leverage on information (huge)
- leverage on existing relationships with your customers (think viral marketing)
- leverage time (24/7)
- leverage distance (global availability)
- leverage your non-internet marketing message turn bricks and mortar to clicks n mortar...

omg... I'm getting exited... I could go on... can anyone think of other things that the INternet allows you to leverage???

I need to calm down...;yho - by Andrea
Information. That is exactly what your potential customers are looking for. - by helisell
Time.I started my job about international e-business.The time to prepare,to wait,to serve,to sell ect.Time is the word i think about.

Mae - by heweimei
Nike!
I almost wrote "Just Do It!" then remembered you only wanted One Word. It's based on the more the more principle. Which I picked up from this great guy called Jeffrey.

Quote: "There's a critical rule of selling that is also a powerful rule of life. Its called the rule of the more the more. It's real simple, here's how it works.

The more you love it, the more you will believe in it, the more it will sell, the more people will buy from you.

The more you prepare for the sale, the more people will believe in what you are selling. In terms of them the more they will buy from you.

The more you believe in what you sell, in your soul, the more you love it, the more you will sell the more people will buy from you.

That's the rule of the more the more. Can you see how powerful that is?

Well that rule has a dark side to it.

The more you do the wrong thing the more you will fail at what you are trying to achieve.

The more you watch TV the more your competition will kick your &$*7=&@."
UnQuote.

When it comes to internet marketing "The more you Nike ... the more you Get It Done! So just do it!

Anthony Robbins says "Take massive action."
Have a most outstanding day!
Chris - by teknacool
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.