Home > Customer Service > How do you determine if your client is happy?

How do you determine if your client is happy?

How do you determine if your client is happy? Such a general question, but I'd like to hear what members of this forum this forum think about this. - by ohcnetwork
Call me old fashioned but I simply ask the client. - by WobblyBox
Call me old fashioned but I simply ask the client.
You're old fashioned.

But there isn't a better way in the world than asking the client. - by Gary Boye
You're old fashioned.
Too funny. :D .... - by WobblyBox
How do you determine if your client is happy?
Asking during the process and getting immediate feedback on how you can make it even better instead of just asking afterwards has always worked for me. It empowers my clients and makes them feel their needs and feelings are not being ignored throughout the process. Again, buying and selling a home is an emotional process...I can't speak for other sales jobs out there, though. - by Irene Morales Ward
Asking during the process and getting immediate feedback on how you can make it even better instead of just asking afterwards has always worked for me.
This is my strategy too. If there is a question or concern I want to know about it as soon as possible. If you wait until the end to find out by then it might be too late to rectify the situation. - by SalesGuy
Another question. Your client might be working on 10 different things, and he/she might not be getting back to you promptly. Then what? Just wait? - by ohcnetwork
Another question. Your client might be working on 10 different things, and he/she might not be getting back to you promptly. Then what? Just wait?
I believe most people who participate on these threads at any given moment are working on more than 10 different things themselves. I know I am. It's my responsibility to "get back" to a client or a prospect. My follow up is always "promise-generated". That means they know beforehand that I will be contacting them again with a task completed, or, with additional needed information.

It is common to give lip service to the "purposeful call", but unless the substances of agreement and anticipation are introduced in our sales conversations, we are only going through the motions of "follow up".

If prospects are not getting back to us, there is a reason--and the reason is not that they are too busy. We're all busy. A large part of people's busy-ness consists of talking to others that they really want to talk to. It is our job as sellers and personal marketers to make them want to.

In the context of this thread's topic, if they are not getting back to us, we probably have not made them "happy". - by Gary Boye
In the context of this thread's topic, if they are not getting back to us, we probably have not made them "happy".
Another possibility is that there is something going on in the background that the client is hesitant about discussing.

For instance, maybe their budget for the project has suddenly changed and they're stalling for time until they can figure out what to do next.

Just an idea. ;) - by Bulldog
haha i also agree with wobblybox and just ask the Client are you happy Lol stright to the point :P - by Sanddollar
It is common to give lip service to the "purposeful call", but unless the substances of agreement and anticipation are introduced in our sales conversations, we are only going through the motions of "follow up".

If prospects are not getting back to us, there is a reason--and the reason is not that they are too busy. We're all busy. A large part of people's busy-ness consists of talking to others that they really want to talk to. It is our job as sellers and personal marketers to make them want to.

In the context of this thread's topic, if they are not getting back to us, we probably have not made them "happy".
I began to comment on your post, Gary, but I realized you used the word "prospect" and I thought we were talking about clients being happy. I'm sorry did you mean client or prospect? - by RainMaker
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.