Home > Closing > Closing is only a matter of letting the client know they have already bought

Closing is only a matter of letting the client know they have already bought

A lot of people think closing is the hardest part of making a sale – but in reality, by the time you get to the close, all the hard work has been done – otherwise you’re not closing.
Closing is really only a matter of letting the client know they have already bought – the decision has been made. cl2;
- by Snowboy
Closing is really only a matter of letting the client know they have already bought – the decision has been made. cl2;
What does that mean? - by BossMan
What does that mean?
To me - You can't close what is not opened - Therefore as a trained salement should be able to pick up on the signs that a client is about to buy - the client is already warm and fuzzy to go ahead but the salesmen needs to hit them reality to close the deal. ONce this happens that the is realisation from the client they have just bought.

What do you thnk? - by Snowboy
To me - You can't close what is not opened - Therefore as a trained salement should be able to pick up on the signs that a client is about to buy - the client is already warm and fuzzy to go ahead but the salesmen needs to hit them reality to close the deal. ONce this happens that the is realisation from the client they have just bought.

What do you thnk?
Buyers often demonstrate "buying signs" which can indicate buy-in and present an opportunity for the salesperson to gain further commitment. - by BossMan
I'm in sales. My only purpose in my job is to turn my time into sales which yield commissions which becomes my paycheck.

Bossman makes a brilliant statement above. We have to recognize buying signals and work them into our closing strategy.

At this point whatever was said prior to the closing element of the sale was purely conversation.

Chuck - by Sales Pro 1000

What do you thnk?
"To me - You can't close what is not opened..." I have a thread starting with that very thought, Snowboy.

Many of my customers buy before I move on with a presentation (if you call writing up an order as part of a presentation - I don't). Experienced salesperson know about 80% to 90% of the time when someone will buy. - by Wonderboy
If you know a customer wants to close but is very indecisive when and how would you push the sale?? - by jmassiatte
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.