Home > Closing > The Direct Question Close

The Direct Question Close

The Direct Question Close
This is the most direct close as this is where you actually ask for the order.

The question could be something like “Should we get the product ready for tomorrow?”

Your thoughts on trial DIRECT close questions?

- by Snowboy
This is my favorite. Straight and to the point. ;)

There are examples of this and other closes in the "Scripts" section. - by BossMan
Yes,
I find it to most effective - especially when you have some rapport with the client.thmbp2; - by Snowboy
Yes,
I find it to most effective - especially when you have some rapport with the client.thmbp2;
Rapport or not it's hard to go wrong asking the prospect if this is something they want. ;wi - by BossMan
Yeah I agree - Some customers may though not having that repport with you might stand back or think you are being pushy or cocky. - by Snowboy
Good points guys.thmbp2; - by EmmaC
Thank you Emma - by Snowboy
I was always more of a low key closer. Sometimes, for women, being too direct can go overr the line.

I usually did something like this, "Did you want to wire the deposit to get things started or would you rather do a check"?

Susan - by susana
Susana,
Thank you very much for your reply to this thread. I hear what you are saying and believe me you need to make sure that your client is going to be okay with the direct question close which is why I have also posted several other ways to close the sale. I find thought that your question you use is still direct you are assuming the sale before it takes place.

What do you tink? :dun - by Snowboy
I like it Keiththmbp2; - by Ray47
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.