Home > Public Relations > Free Publicity Ideas

Free Publicity Ideas

I thought it would be a great idea to start a list of publicity ideas. Here are a few ideas I've come across:
  1. Press Releases: Local newspapers often publish press releases.
  2. Articles: You can send in "feature articles" to local newspapers.
  3. Public Speaking: for instance you can talk to local associations or groups. You could even hold free seminars or classes on your specialty.
  4. Local Expert: Let newspapers, radio and televsion stations know that you are a "source" and available if needed to comment on your industry. (Of course, you need to know your stuff.)
Any other ideas? :) - by BossMan
I'd throw in "website reviews". There are plenty of magazines and/or online publications that have "sites of the month" and such. - by Gilbert
Controversy can be a source of publicity. For instance, earlier this year there was a realtor in California who put up a billboard of herself in a bikini. That story was aired on several major television networks.

Another example of billboards generating buzz are those billboard ads by God. They are not really by God but the signoff says "God". - by Bulldog
Sponsor an event that is going to get press coverage anyway? :un - by Marcus
Sponsor an event that is going to get press coverage anyway? :un
That's the ticket. ;wi - by BossMan
Sponsor an event that is going to get press coverage anyway? :un
You can get a copy of the local newspaper's editorial calendar for a list of what's coming up for the year. Tie your story into those events and it will improve your chances of getting your story published. - by SpeedRacer
Produce a show on public-access cable television. ;wi - by AZBroker
Write ezine articles, find JV partners to help promote your product or service, and give free advice to get some killer testimonials.

Susan - by susana
Produce a show on public-access cable television. ;wi
How do you get free TV publicity?

Write ezine articles, find JV partners to help promote your product or service, and give free advice to get some killer testimonials.
What are JV partners? - by Thomas
What are JV partners?[/quote]

People you seek out for Joint Ventures. If I have a product, and they have a list of people I want to sell my product to, they send out an endorsement letter (or email) to their list. It's not totally free a any sales I make, I split w/ the 'list' person. It's much more effective than buying a list and doing a cold mailing.

Susan - by susana
People you seek out for Joint Ventures. If I have a product, and they have a list of people I want to sell my product to, they send out an endorsement letter (or email) to their list. It's not totally free a any sales I make, I split w/ the 'list' person. It's much more effective than buying a list and doing a cold mailing.

Susan
No Way! ;om That is so cool. :thup How do you find people who have the list you want? - by Thomas
No Way! ;om That is so cool. :thup How do you find people who have the list you want?
Thomas,

If you want to PM or email me, I can give you some suggestions, based on what specifically you might be looking for.

Susan - by susana
Thomas,

If you want to PM or email me, I can give you some suggestions, based on what specifically you might be looking for.

Susan
Thanks Susan. To build my list I drive the manufactured home parks and look for fsbos. Warnock's sells fsbo lists but that isn't a JV. - by Thomas
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.