Home > Education > SPIN Selling - What do you think of the material?

SPIN Selling - What do you think of the material?

I was thinking about picking up the book, "SPINŽ selling". Has anyone here read it? If you've read the material what did you think? - by Houston
Houston, I actually ordered a copy of SPIN Selling earlier this week. I'll let you know what I think. ;) - by Jackie
Thanks Jackie. :) - by Houston
I haven't but I just looked it up in Google and I would love to here others insights and opinions. - by Bulldog
I was thinking about picking up the book, "SPINŽ selling". Has anyone here read it? If you've read the material what did you think?
We purchased the book for our company a month ago. Our sister company has been using SPIN Selling and New Strategic Selling for more than 3 years now. We just began a new training and development department in June and will focus on these two books as part of training.

We hear nothing but good news on both. I haven't read the book enough to give any feedback to the book itself, only what I've seen at our sister company training sessions and what I've read on the above. They also use The Art of War for high level, experienced sales people. - by BarbieClaws
They also use The Art of War for high level, experienced sales people.
Hi Barbie,
Do you happen to know whose translation of the Art of War they use? The Art of War, in Chinese bing-fa, is popularly discussed in business today. It literally means martial arts, or military skills. Yet it is about preventing confrontation. Sun Tzu's work is a field of study for me. The translations vary--and the interpreters have often shoved in their own thoughts. - by Gary Boye
The translations vary--and the interpreters have often shoved in their own thoughts.
Gary, I have a copy of "Sun Tzu's The Art of War Plus The Art of Sales" by Gary Gagliardi. Isn't this the book you've mentioned? - by SalesGuy
Hi Barbie,
Do you happen to know whose translation of the Art of War they use? The Art of War, in Chinese bing-fa, is popularly discussed in business today. It literally means martial arts, or military skills. Yet it is about preventing confrontation. Sun Tzu's work is a field of study for me. The translations vary--and the interpreters have often shoved in their own thoughts.
Thanks for the background Gary. I believe it's the translation by Samuel Griffith.

May I ask who you would recommend since you study this field?

Thanks.
Barb - by BarbieClaws
Gary, I have a copy of "Sun Tzu's The Art of War Plus The Art of Sales" by Gary Gagliardi. Isn't this the book you've mentioned?
Yes it is. It's a wonderful book. Not only is Gary Gagliardi one of the world's foremost authorities on Sun Tzu--he also has been a top flight sales professional in his own right. Highly recommended. My ulterior motive in representing his Seminars on Strategy is to learn from a master.

By the way, I don't sell the books. - by Gary Boye
Thanks for the background Gary. I believe it's the translation by Samuel Griffith.

May I ask who you would recommend since you study this field?

Thanks.
Barb
I have read just about every English translation in print, including Griffith's, one of the most well known. I like Gagliardi's work because it follows the original format of formulaic style. Think Euclid's Geometry.

Sun Tzu was a scientist--not a poet.

We went off topic here. Anybody want to cover Neil Rackham and Spin Selling? - by Gary Boye
"We went off topic here. Anybody want to cover Neil Rackham and Spin Selling?"

I haven't received my copy yet but when I do I'd be interested in discussing the material. - by Jackie
Houston, I actually ordered a copy of SPIN Selling earlier this week. I'll let you know what I think. ;)
I just ordered a copy too. :) - by Houston
I'm about halfway thru spin selling, I think its very good and takes a different approach than most other sales books I've read. The author seems to teach sales best practices in the context of sharing his findings from sales training/analysis projects done for clients. He digs into and analyzes selling conventional wisdom vs reality/facts found on his client engagements. - by briand05
Spin Selling, I have the book on CD, makes so much sense in bigger deals. Sounds like I need to get Sun Tzu's as well. - by ginoayn
Nice

Thanks Jeff - by ginoayn
Back to the topic on SPIN Selling, I have been hearing a lot of good things regarding this book. I think I will have to pick it up and check it out! - by salespro929
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.