Home > Personal Development > Law of Attraction & Selling...

Law of Attraction & Selling...

The Law of Attraction is very real. And it can make a huge difference in your sales career. The movie 'The Secret' popularized the law of attraction, but it gave no 'meat and potatoes' about how to actually use it in your sales career.

The law of attraction is just one of many natural laws of living that govern our lives. There is the law of gratitude, giving, receiving, connection, and many other natural laws. And if you don't think they are real because you can't see, hear, touch, or smell these natural laws, then you need to compare them to the law of gravity.

We can't see, hear, touch, or smell gravity can we? But we know gravity is a natural law of our world because if we trip and fall we know we're going to hit the ground because this natural law is always affecting us. The natural law of attraction states that we get the type of life that our thoughts, feelings, and actions are focused on. Your present life is a direct product of how you think, how you feel, and how you act. Doesn't this makes sense?

For example, you probably know people who are always broke, in debt, and struggling to make ends meet. Why is this? It's because all their thoughts on focused on how they are always broke, how much debt they have, and how hard it is to pay the bills. How could their life ever change with these types of thoughts, feelings, and actions dominating their daily life? They are going to continue to live the type of life their thoughts and emotions are creating for them. Your present life is shaped by your thoughts and emotions and beliefs. No one can escape this truth.

When a wealthy person loses all their wealth, why is that they are usually back on top within a short period of time? It's because they concentrate their thoughts, feelings, and actions on how great it is to be wealthy. They don't think of how bad it is to lose their wealth. They get the type of life they focus their thoughts, emotions, and actions on...a wealthy lifestyle.

And to change your present life all it takes is changing how you think, feel, and act. If you want to increase your sales and income from your present level, you simply need to learn to change what you think about, how you feel, and what actions you take on a daily basis. This natural law can be used not only in your business life, but in your personal life as well once you master the techniques. You can create the life you want to live.

Yes, there is much more to learning the details and principles of how to make this law work in your life, but it is definitely worth the effort to study it's principles.

My training in this unique and innovative newsletter combines learning about how to change your thoughts, feelings, and actions, and also touches on detailed marketing methods to increase your sales and income...Coach Doug - by Dougd55
Hi Marcus: The article is typical for someone who is short-sighted about their own life. With all the negativity she spouts, would you like to be her husband? I feel for that guy. I'm sure she is like that in her personal life also.

Marcus, the natural laws of living are very real, but most people won't take the time and dedication it takes to learn and use them on an on-going basis. You don't just wish for something and it appears. It is a life-long process and way of living, not a magic trick as the lady suggests in her article.

You have to be 'ready' for this new way of thinking, feeling, and acting. Most people are not, including the lady writer. Her life will stay the same and she will continue to live on the 'auto-pilot' life she has created with her thoughts, feelings, and actions. She will continue to do the same things, feel the same emotions, and take the same actions, daily, weekly, monthly, and probably every year for the rest of her life. This is not living happily, discovering and unleashing your inner potential, and growing on a consistent basis.

We were created to enjoy new experiences, grow our inner potential, and have abundance in our lives until the time we die. We cannot do that unless we learn, and practice, the natural laws of living in this world...Coach Doug - by Dougd55
What are your thoughts on this quote, "The obvious question that arises from its claim that it's easy to get what you want, is: Why do so many people get what they don't want? As Byrne writes, "Imperfect thoughts are the cause of all humanity's ills, including disease, poverty, and unhappiness." Yes, according to The Secret, people don't just randomly end up being massacred, for example. They are in the wrong place because of their own lousy thinking." - by Marcus
Marcus, I can't defend what was contained in the movie The Secret. It was hollywood-type 'fluff' and contained no information that could be used by the average person in their daily life.

To me it was a money-making re-hash of principles that have been around for hundreds of years. The people seen in the movie have been working hard in the last few months to push their products and services to the general public...for money. And they seem to be successful since they appeared on Oprah, Larry King, and all over the Internet.

I live my life based on the natural laws of living, and I attempt to help others learn about them and incorporate them into their own lives. My training fees are so low even my grandkids can afford them...and they study with me. I'm not getting rich on my training newsletter and the people in The Secret are making big money I'm sure. But at the same time they are hurting people who think they can just wish for something in their mind and it will appear. That's b.s.

If you live in poverty in Africa and the government is killing people there is a good chance you could be killed. Your thoughts, feelings, and actions, could change your life there, but they won't magically wisk you away to a safe country.

All I can do is my best to help others Marcus...Coach Doug - by Dougd55
For example, you probably know people who are always broke, in debt, and struggling to make ends meet. Why is this? It's because all their thoughts on focused on how they are always broke, how much debt they have, and how hard it is to pay the bills. How could their life ever change with these types of thoughts, feelings, and actions dominating their daily life?
I don't agree with your generalization. In some cases your conclusion may be correct but not all. This is an important disctinction. - by Liberty
Liberty, I agree that there will always be some exceptions to any rule. We can't clump everyone into categories. Every situation is different. Sometimes things happen in our lives that are beyond our control....be it weather catastrophies, illness, or any number of other things.

However, I agree with Doug that our thoughts, feelings and actions can change the outcomes of our lives.

So many of us keep feeling and thinking and acting the same way we have for years and yet we expect a different result than what we've always gotten.

I'm new to sales but I've spent a great deal of time in therapy to learn new thinking, feelings and behaviors. Having learned these new things is what motivated me to get into sales.

Thanks Doug for a great post! ;sm - by ozzie
Liberty, I agree that there will always be some exceptions to any rule.
This isn't an exception to a rule Ozzie.

Doug wrote, "For example, you probably know people who are always broke, in debt, and struggling to make ends meet. Why is this? It's because all their thoughts on focused on how they are always broke, how much debt they have, and how hard it is to pay the bills. How could their life ever change with these types of thoughts, feelings, and actions dominating their daily life?"

That is a gross and dangerous generalization not a rule. - by Liberty
Hi Libery: I see we agree to disagree. The example I was referring to was my own life. It wasn't meant to taken as a generalization. It was my experience.

For many years I was the one continually in debt and struggling to make ends meet. This struggle dominated my mindset, my feelings, and led me to live my life on 'auto-pilot,' having the same thoughts, feelings, and actions daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. I couldn't seem to change anything no matter how hard I tried.

5 years ago I hired a life coach/mentor who taught me how to think and feel differently and my life changed completed over a period of several years. I have multiple income streams, I don't worry about money, and I focus on happiness, abundance, and helping others.

Sorry if I made the quote sound like a generalization... - by Dougd55
I don't agree with your generalization. In some cases your conclusion may be correct but not all. This is an important disctinction.
I agree with you Liberty - Well said - by Snowboy
People tend to realize the outcomes that occupy their minds through the engagement of intention, attention, and action (pursuit).

I'd suggest that more people fail to attain an outcome such as financial abundance because of a "lack of pursuit" than because their thoughts, feelings and actions were focused on the opposite. - by Liberty
so how do you explain someone who is successful (me) and thinks all this is worthless....... - by benjamin-benjamin
so how do you explain someone who is successful (me) and thinks all this is worthless.......
Do you believe you achieved your level of success without intention, attention and action? - by Liberty
so how do you explain someone who is successful (me) and thinks all this is worthless.......
In line I guess with what Liberty has asked - you feel as though your full potential has been reached??? - by Snowboy
I don't ever believe that someone reaches their full potential, there is always room for improvement. I believe that i have achieved a great level of success through hard work, prayer and the williness to go above and beyond what everyone else does. Not by thoughts, and "attraction". - by benjamin-benjamin
IN that case how can you explain that you (someone sucessful) could think all of this is worthless. What part of this is worthless and in your own words why, and your approach would be differnet how?

:dun - by Snowboy
I don't ever believe that someone reaches their full potential, there is always room for improvement. I believe that i have achieved a great level of success through hard work, prayer and the williness to go above and beyond what everyone else does. Not by thoughts, and "attraction".
Benjamin,
I don't feel as though you are making any sence? - by EmmaC
Hi Benjamin: You mentioned that one aspect of your success was due to prayer. When you pray, are you not asking God with your thoughts, feelings, and emotions to attract what you want to have? Think about this...

Isn't this a form of the law of attraction?

It's all relevant based on what your beliefs are. You can pray to God, ask the 'Higher Power,' the 'Universe,' or whatever it is you place your beliefs in. The underlying principles are all the same. The natural laws of living (attraction, gratitude, giving, etc.) are simply 'vehicles' to become more aware of yourself and your life, direct your subconscious mind to create the life you want, recognize your true inner potential, and experience peace, happiness, and abundance. They aren't the ONLY 'vehicles' to accomplish this.

There are many different methods to improve yourself and all should be investigated and the ones that suit you should be studied and implemented into your daily life. Use what works for you Benjamin, and never stop searching for more, no matter how successful you become. But don't discount these particular principles, pick out what 'hit's home' with you and use them. Adapt them to your sales career, and to your personal life as well. The more mental and marketing skills you learn, the more income you create. Move onto more methods.

I don't limit my study to the natural laws of living, but I incorporate their powerful principles into my life, along with many others.

The more we learn, the more we grow, and the more we prosper...Coach Doug - by Dougd55
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.