Home > Advertising > Register Tape Advertising

Register Tape Advertising

Does anyone have any experience with register tape advertising? Recently I turned down an opportunity to advertise on the back of a Burger King receipt and it got me thinking.

I'm sure this type of advertising works for some industries I just wonder which industries? - by AZBroker
I have no idea, but as a consumer, I will look to see what's back there. So far, I have never patronized a business because of it or used a coupon. - by RainMaker
I have no idea, but as a consumer, I will look to see what's back there.
Hmmm... so it get's noticed. That's good. I'm thinking that the companies that would do the best with this strategy would be those who offer coupons. What do you think? - by AZBroker
Hmmm... so it get's noticed. That's good. I'm thinking that the companies that would do the best with this strategy would be those who offer coupons. What do you think?
Yes, I must admit, I am looking for coupons. I'm not too proud to say I don't mind saving a few bucks on my next haircut or burger, etc. (of course I sell coupon advertising to small businesses for a living, so I may not be a typical consumer.) - by RainMaker
Yes, I must admit, I am looking for coupons.
Roofers take notice of roofs. Dentists take notice of teeth. Couponeers notice coupons. (Hey, I just made up a new word.) :) - by AZBroker
Roofers take notice of roofs. Dentists take notice of teeth. Couponeers notice coupons. (Hey, I just made up a new word.) :)
A new title. Darn! I already ordered my businesses cards. - by RainMaker
A new title. Darn! I already ordered my businesses cards.
:D :D :D .......... - by AZBroker
I'm thinking that the companies that would do the best with this strategy would be those who offer coupons. What do you think?
That sounds about right. Pizza, videos, dry cleaning... that kind of thing. If I saw a coupon for a discount on real estate services or a new car I think my reaction would be negative. - by BossMan
I don't really know either, but I do read the back of my receipts, too. A few thoughts...

Cross-promote with retailers close by. If I am grocery shopping I might run into the GNC next door if I get a $ or % off coupon (and vice versa). Or - and I've done this - when my movie stub receipt has a discount for Subway printed on it, I walk across the parking lot and eat at Subway.

Offer some deal on next visit. If I present my car wash receipt again within 7 days I get $3.00 off next visit. If I come back within 10 days I get $2.00 off. It helps build repeat visits and loyalty.

I may just be a coupon freak, but those worked on me. - by Bobette Kyle
Cross-promote with retailers close by.
Now that's a great idea. You could even set up a small business network to contribute to other cross-promotion ideas. - by SpeedRacer
I may just be a coupon freak, but those worked on me.
I love "coupon freaks" like you. (my company is called WithCoupon.com):D - by RainMaker
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.