Home > Personal Development > Anthony Robbins Seminars

Anthony Robbins Seminars

Has anyone ever attended an Anthony Robbins seminar? If so, what did you think?

How about the books? Helpful, not helpful? - by SalesGuy
How about the ( by Anthony Robbins' ) books? Helpful, not helpful?
Robbins rebranded and repackaged NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) created by Bandler and Grinder, calling it Neuro-Associative Conditioning. In a nutshell, the idea is to model effective behavior from either our past, or others, using an "anchoring" technique to deliver a message to our brain. It could be as simple as rubbing two fingers together that triggers the behavior through association.

Does it work? Probably. Use of NLP is an act of volition. I suspect that all of us behave with that type of stimuli, but its not something most people study. NLP in theory would allow you to have control. - by Gary Boye
I've read the first book, "Unlimited Power" and bought a tape set. It was more than a few years ago but I remember that I liked most of the material. - by AZBroker
NLP in theory would allow you to have control.
I could see salespeople using NLP skills to develop and maintain productive (positive, confident, etc.) attitudes. - by Jomsom
Has anyone ever attended an Anthony Robbins seminar? If so, what did you think?
About fifteen (15) years ago I attended one of Anthony's seminars. During the seminar we performed his famous "Firewalk" experience. Fun stuff. :eek:

How about the books? Helpful, not helpful?
I've bought one or two. :) - by Jeff Blackwell
During the seminar we performed his famous "Firewalk" experience. Fun stuff. :eek:
I've heard about that before. I'll take it that you still have five toes on each foot? :p - by SalesCoach
During the seminar we performed his famous "Firewalk" experience.
Did anyone fry? - by Bulldog
Did anyone fry?
I think there might have been a few "non-believers" who felt the fire but I wasn't one of them. I think I might have lost an eyebrow or two though. :p - by Jeff Blackwell
I think there might have been a few "non-believers" who felt the fire ...
I wondered about that. :D

How did you like the seminar? Did you find it to be worthwhile? Would you recommend it to others? - by SalesGuy
How did you like the seminar? Did you find it to be worthwhile? Would you recommend it to others?
It was a long time ago but I remember thinking it was "ok".

The "firewalk" was pretty hot. ;)

As for a recommendation, I think it was too long ago to make a recommendation since I'm sure the material has evolved. - by Jeff Blackwell
I took an Anthony Robbins Power Weekend couple of years ago did the Fire Walk and left unimpressed, having read both Robbins books I found (MHO) his life style incongruent with what he preaches sorry teaches! The over use of heavy pounding bass music to get one's adrenline flowing was over powering. Firewalk was fun, specially when the guy in front of me baulked, felt it was like a warm carpet. Left feeling that it was all hype and I would be best served to look inward to my personal motivation and focus on what I wanted to be and do.

I did my NLP Practioner a few years back with Richard Bandler, I have learned more about NLP through reading and studying rather the overly expensive workshops. Thre are lots of ood books on the subject.

I use NLP in my sales training, teaching people to build rapport, elicit buyer behaviour and is avery useful tool for any sales's person to have their arsenal.

Colly Graham - by salesxcellence
The key question to ask is, "What EXACTLY are you hoping to learn or accomplish?" If you are looking to learn a specific skill(s) I'd suggest attending a program that focuses strictly on teaching people that particular skill. A generic motivational program might get you hyped up but I seriously doubt it will have a lasting effect on your sales results.

Kelley - by Kelley Robertson
the guys full of psycho-babble. - by Rothgar the Pacifist
Great day all,

dream,,,wake-up...DO IT!!!

most simply dream yet do not wake-up...
most wake-up yet do not do it...
those few who dream, wake-up and DO IT...succeed

michael coritsidis
Job Ready Strategist/Motivational Speaker/Life Coach - by job ready strategist
Great day all,

dream,,,wake-up...DO IT!!!

most simply dream yet do not wake-up...
most wake-up yet do not do it...
those few who dream, wake-up and DO IT...succeed
Is that what Anthony Robbins teaches? - by Bulldog
Is that what Anthony Robbins teaches?
I've had the opportunity to see Anthony Robbins up close and personal. He has greatly infleunced me in my position as a job ready strategist/motivational speaker/life coach.

To answer your question, these are more my words than his.

Having said that, it is my belief, that the core of his message has to do with taking ACTION. Even the first three letters are ACT. Don't talk about it, be about it.
thanks
michaelc. - by job ready strategist
I have done the Anthony Robbins firewalk - very powerful metaphor but I cant say that it "transformed" my life or anything, but I am glad i did it. Serious bragging rights lol! - by Julian
I did the "Personal Power" program when I was young, it totally changed my life. I also did one of his live seminars, back when "he" did them. It was a Sales seminar, and it was great too. About the only real thing I remember from that however (I was in my 20's at the time) was that to sell high dollar products to high income individuals, you need to demonstrate that whatever it is that your selling is both hard to get and unique.

People in that income area can pretty much get whatever they want, so your selling proposition is about why "they" will have something "others" can't. Make it unique, and they will most likely buy. - by TommyMac5
I have read several of Anthonys books and listened to some of the audio tapes. I must say i was extremely impressed. I think from a sales persons perspective it can be quite useful. Most of what he says is common sense, but in fairness how often do we really stop to evaluate ourselves and question what we are currently doing.

Anthony Robbins talks a fair bit about setting goals, this in itself is a valuable tool for salespeople. Obviously we perform a lot better when we have something we are striving to achieve.

I think there is no doubt that you will find many useful things in the seminar that you can implement to assist your sales.

Worst case scenario, its something interesting to talk with your prospective clients about! - by adammead26
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.