Home > Social Influence > Getting out of the Client - What you want

Getting out of the Client - What you want

Regardless of what industry we are in. Providing it is sales we in one or another will use Persuasion and influence in our day to day dealings with clients and customers.

Depending on the sort of field of sales and the sort of person you are depends on the varying type that you may use.

To me there is several types however I am thinking that there is these several types that are devided into 2 main groups.

Directly and Indirectly.

In short directly is when you are posing questions or stating to the customer obvious almost blunt or abrupt statments which lead the customer to the realisation you are a big part of their buying decision.

Where as indirectly is when you are hiding the fact that the questions you are posing and the statements you are making sound to the customer that you on their side and just trying to help them by being more of a consultant.

I would find it interesting if you would take the time to decide if these were the only 2 options you had to make in regards to your selling style. What do use most and does it suit your industry or you.

Thank you and please take some time to do the poll.

John Hughes. - by John Hughes
Hello John,
I agree that there are definately several different types but if it were broken up in 2 I would go Indirect simple because of the sort of person I am - Laid back and genuinely interested. - by Wowsap
Interesting concept there John,
I feel as though this may be to broad to narrow in on one of the items - But if I was to choose out of the 2 I would go with Direct - I much prefer the approach that the customer or client indirectly knowthat I am going to get their business and that is the way I am steering the sale. - by Snowboy
Hello John,
I agree that there are definately several different types but if it were broken up in 2 I would go Indirect simple because of the sort of person I am - Laid back and genuinely interested.
Steven,
I don't think being laid back and genuinly caring for the client or customer is a sign that you automatically fall in the category of Indirect.

A questions posed directly can come across with empathy if expressed with cincerity. - by Snowboy
I am in Real estate and I think that means that I just have to be direct - other wise I would never make a sale.

thmbp2; - by Jabber
For me indirect - The customers never knows what hit them yet are satified with the service. - by EmmaC
Direct - Kick them in the balls and get a reaction. - by Indep Rep
I am in Real estate and I think that means that I just have to be direct - other wise I would never make a sale.

thmbp2;
Emma,
Why not try to do this indirectly for a week and see how you go. I personally think you might be surprised. - by Snowboy
Direct - Kick them in the balls and get a reaction.
That's direct if I ever heard it.

Well done Henry - by Snowboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.