Home > Marketing > Own Style - Point of Difference

Own Style - Point of Difference

Hello All,
I am a firm believer that in the marketing game you need to create for yourself an image that sets you apart from the rest - make something on you stick out to your cometitors - something that give you the point of difference that everyone that you market to is looking for.

This could range from several things:
Product
Look
Campaign
Personality
and the list goes on and on and on.

I am here to share my experiences with all of you in what has helped me to become sucessful and hope you can all do the same. If youa re not completely satified with who you are wake up one day and make for yourself a dream that will withstand every desire you have and take a jump. The worst thing that can happen (if you are careful) is it not work but all you ahve lost is a bit of time and maybe a small outlay of money. You will do better the next time around.

Think of when you were first ever learning to ride a bike. Did you fall off then quit or get back up and keep going for it until you could do it blidfolded (on a quite road).

Hope you enjoy this thought provoking post and look forward to further comments.

Montelle.thmbp2; - by Coffee
Hello All,
I am a firm believer that in the marketing game you need to create for yourself an image that sets you apart from the rest - make something on you stick out to your cometitors - something that give you the point of difference that everyone that you market to is looking for.

Product
Look
Campaign
Personality

I am here to share my experiences with all of you in what has helped me to become sucessful and hope you can all do the same. If youa re not completely satified with who you are wake up one day and make for yourself a dream that will withstand every desire you have and take a jump. The worst thing that can happen (if you are careful) is it not work but all you ahve lost is a bit of time and maybe a small outlay of money. You will do better the next time around.

Think of when you were first ever learning to ride a bike. Did you fall off then quit or get back up and keep going for it until you could do it blidfolded (on a quite road).

Hope you enjoy this thought provoking post and look forward to further comments.

Montelle.thmbp2;
Hello Montelle,
Great thread starter and I must say I very much agree with you. Everyone needs to view as something different from the other sales guy. I try to paint a picture in my clietns head that they are willing to come back to me from me having something exceptional or something that stands out froma crowd.

Well done Montelle, - by Snowboy
"What about the original post does the poster believe is thought provoking?" is what thought the original post provoked and I still haven't got an answer. Is it the analogy to riding a bike? Is it about having a dream? Is it about waking up? - by MitchM
I know I'm new here, but I have to admit that's what I immediately thought too. :-) I'm interested in what HAS helped you become succesful? - by Sam Deeks
Hello All,

Product
Look
Campaign
Personality
I believe that differentiation is important in both sales and marketing. What have you found works best for you in differentiating yourself from your competition? - by Houston
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.