Home > Personal Development > Striving for Success

Striving for Success

Success Is One Of Those Things That So Many People Strive For Yet No One Really Knows What They Are Striving For.

I Would Like To Share A Few Quotes And Thoughts On This Matter.

- The Road To Success Is Filled With Women Pushing Their Husband Along.
Due To This Being The Beliefe It Is Implying That Many People Need To Be Pushed In Order To Gain Success. I Don't And I Don't Think To Amny People Do. What Is Your Thought On This?

- I Have Climbed To The Top Of A Greasy Pole
This Is Implying That The Top Isn't Easy To Get Due Being That It Sis Slippery. I Agree With This One.

And Finally My Personal Favorite
The Secret Of Success Is The Consistancy Of Purpose.

Hope You All Find The Path On Which You Are Trying To Walk And Good Luck. - by mshoeken
Greetings Mshoeken:

On the subject of people needing to be 'pushed' to reach success, I don't believe that it possible. Granted, a few can be motivated by fear to gain some measure of success, but I believe the truly success individual has an unquenchable thirst within that drives them to do what it takes to be successful. The have a 'burning desire' deep within that motivates them to do what most people will not do to be successful.

An example of fear motivation would be an athlete knowing that if they don't perform better than the athletes waiting to take their place they will lose their 'starter' designation. But when that athlete learns to totally relax, rely on their mental and physical skills, prepare 24/7, and know in their mind they are the best of the best, their true potential is 'unleashed' and they will be successful. If a person doesn't have the natural talent of others they can usually excel by simply 'outworking' all the competition...doing what others won't do.

It doesn't matter what field of endeavor it is either. If you want to be the best of the best in checkers or chess, and you are deeply motivated to do this, you can accomplish it. If you want to be the best salesperson your company has ever seen you can accomplish this.

Most successful people live, breathe, eat, and sleep what they are trying to accomplish 24/7. Their work/passion consumes them. And if a person is not naturally talented they can simply 'outwork' all their competition if they have that 'burning desire' to be the best. This is not a bad thing as long as people recognize there must be a balance between work, family, and personal time and this point is very important for us 'comsumed' people to recognize.

Comments anyone? ... - by Dougd55
"Most successful people live, breathe, eat, and sleep what they are trying to accomplish 24/7. Their work/passion consumes them. And if a person is not naturally talented they can simply 'outwork' all their competition if they have that 'burning desire' to be the best. This is not a bad thing as long as people recognize there must be a balance between work, family, and personal time and this point is very important for us 'comsumed' people to recognize." -- Doug

That appears to be true if not in a 24/7 obsession at least in a consistent daily activity of 6 - 8 hours of concentrated effort. Outside that comes the continual study, the other things that occupy one's passion and consumation.

Balance w/family, interests, personal time should enhance the work ethic and goals - it's all very simple when you come to understand the dynamics of being fully active and motivated.

The best of the best to all.

MitchM - by MitchM
fear « Prev | Next » NLP in Sales
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.