Home > Marketing > Suggestions and advice needed

Suggestions and advice needed

HI,

I am Selling Website Building services to graphic Design agencies and I have two problems.

Firstly, how do I get more people to contact us? I have tried google adwords, a blog, email marketing etc.

Lots of people look at these things but don't seem to take action. I am presuming that it is because our 'offer' isn't compelling enough. Do you have any advice on how I can get my message in front of more people? Or perhaps any ideas on how to craft a compelling message.

Secondly, When i have managed to meet with design agencies, they really like our offer and want to use us. However, i now have to rely on them to get a sale. If they don't get a sale, I don't get a sale. Do you have any ideas on how I can help them iomprove their success rate?

Many thanks - by arizonared
HI,

I am Selling Website Building services to graphic Design agencies and I have two problems.

Firstly, how do I get more people to contact us? I have tried google adwords, a blog, email marketing etc.

Lots of people look at these things but don't seem to take action. I am presuming that it is because our 'offer' isn't compelling enough. Do you have any advice on how I can get my message in front of more people? Or perhaps any ideas on how to craft a compelling message.

Secondly, When i have managed to meet with design agencies, they really like our offer and want to use us. However, i now have to rely on them to get a sale. If they don't get a sale, I don't get a sale. Do you have any ideas on how I can help them iomprove their success rate?

Many thanks
Hi arizonared,

It sounds like you have two issues: one of marketing, and the other of selling.

Marketing is a big issue. Google adwords can be fantastic, or it can be a failure. There are so many variables, and to make it work, you have to have the right message, the right keywords, etc. Blogs are great, but they're long term instruments and not very good at developing leads in the short term.

Tell us more about how you sell to graphic design firms. How is it supposed to work?

I'm curious about - by Skip Anderson
Adwords is only going to fail if you do. It's a solid place to pull tons of leads.

You dont need your offer in front of "more" people you need it in front of targeted people. Give them what they are asking for. And make sure they know what it is that you are offering them. Get inside their EGO!

YOU know your market the best so buckle down and get back in the trenches.

And helping "them" improve their success rate is easy. Teach them. Build a sound system of training them about your product and why its what others NEED. And if they are enthusiastic to learn and succeed at selling your product then stay connected.

If they waste your time ditch them and move along.

HI,

Many thanks
- by Ricky Parker
YOU know your market the best so buckle down and get back in the trenches.

Out of the trenches I meant. - by Ricky Parker
I would like to hear your pitch as well. - by Ed Callais
Have you thought of Article writing and development of squeeze pages? Sometimes if you develop an article geared around your area that would appeal to your target audience and submit it to directories the article will work for itself.

You can also develop a squeeze page that will allow you to get opt-in information about your visitors. Attaching a poll or questionaire can also help you determine what it is thats causing the customers not to purchase.

Use of adwords is a gamble because if the words you chose are not words in particular demand you ad wont be seen enough. On the other hand if you pick a very common and well used word the cost will eat your expenses alive!

It Can work if you find popular words that don't have much content and are more specific in your wording.
I hope this helped!
Good Luck,
Smiles - by lrobertson
Well to start off you are in a crowded market: 1) If they are a design firm then they use Photoshop which means they probably have InDesign and all the other stuff that Adobe buys up everyday. 2) Everyone and their grandmother is offering web site design services.

So you need to differentiate yourself. What makes you special? Why should they go with you over someone else or just train one of their people to do this?

The hot topics now are blogs and social networks. Are you offering these services?

This will help your marketing and sales. - by desertstandard
Hello

My company excels at Internet Marketing in all forms from SEO, Social Networking, Article Writing, Link Building. The best part is we teach the businesses to integrate this knowledge with lead generation and sales. It would absolutely benefit you and your business to attend one of our 2 or 3 day workshops where we teach you Hands On to do this yourself. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information or for an actual meeting.

Success,

Rory Wilfong
ProspectMX
Web Marketing Workshops - by rwilfong
I would ask about your marketing materials, do they instruct the reader to take the next step, do they withhold information and create a reason to call you?

Are you sure you are placing your materials in front of qualified buyers.

Are you working niches and specific industries. A good list advisor should ask probing questions to get definition of your target market and will be able to bring to you those targeted leads for direct mail/email marketing.

If you've not been targeting very specifically you may be missing the mark.
- by Lance_Best
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.