Home > Cold Calling > Unsolicited Letters of Introduction

Unsolicited Letters of Introduction

I've read about it before, and I think here too, how some salespeople send out unsolicited letters of introduction prior to calling on a prospect. What's everyone's opinion on something like this? - by AZBroker
I've read about it before, and I think here too, how some salespeople send out unsolicited letters of introduction prior to calling on a prospect. What's everyone's opinion on something like this?
"If" you've already identified these prospects as prime candidates "and" you're sending an effective mail piece that will get read and does deliver an effective message then sure why not. ;) - by SalesGuy
I've read about it before, and I think here too, how some salespeople send out unsolicited letters of introduction prior to calling on a prospect. What's everyone's opinion on something like this?
I have used this practice in my consulting business with some success.

I made a post in the sales - general - call reluctance section with a few points on this.

Stephen - by Stephen
I think this a decent idea if you can get your message to the intended receiver and the message strikes a chord. - by Liberty
Are these letters of introduction from happy customers or something you would draw up yourself? - by SpeedRacer
Letters of introduction from happy customers is an excellent idea.

In the past these were actually quite common. Of course, it helps when the recipient knows or knows of the customer who penned the letter. ;) - by Jeff Blackwell
I'm curious, how does one go about asking someone to write such a letter for them? - by Julian
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.