Home > Personal Selling > Have You Had a Customer that Adores You?

Have You Had a Customer that Adores You?

In your experience in sales, what's the best compliment that a customer ever gave you or the nicest thing a customer ever did for you (other than buying from you)?

The best to you! - by Skip Anderson
Most of the customers I work with either love me or hate me or so I've been told. :in

The best compliments to me are qualified referrals. I have received my share of baked goods too. ;st - by AZBroker
99% of my clients are men, so they generally don't "adore" me. However, one sent me a $300 case of wine because I sold him a solution that made him 100X that...

I guess I'm with AZ...my customers adore me through repeat business. - by ScotS
When people thank me for getting them started with our products and years later continue to thank me that means a lot. It's not really what you call a compliment - I'm not interested in compliments anyway - it's a statement of gratitude.

The best of the best to everyone.

MitchM - by MitchM
Ive only been a salesperson for the last 5 monthes, working in retail I dont get many repeat customers but the nicest thing a customer has done for me is call me up after they have had thier door installed and thank me for the great service and wrote a nice thankyou letter addressed to our company director pointing out how I handled thier order.

Its times like that when I enjoy being a salesperson the most. - by MCS_80
When people thank me for getting them started with our products and years later continue to thank me that means a lot. It's not really what you call a compliment - I'm not interested in compliments anyway - it's a statement of gratitude.

The best of the best to everyone.

MitchM
Statements of gratitude are valuable, too.

Does anybody else have stories to share? - by Skip Anderson
In your experience in sales, what's the best compliment that a customer ever gave you or the nicest thing a customer ever did for you (other than buying from you)?

The best to you!
I don't know if this was the best, but it was a personal favourite of mine;

I had built rapport with an older couple and organized their contract subscription which they were pleased with the product and myself. On going they would continue to visit well after they were enjoying the product.

Anyway, one day while talking, I complemented the gentlemen on his belt buckle. It was a nice heritage looking belt of a Maltese cross. I have Maltese blood and soon after realizing this, he began to take the belt right out of his pants in front of me... attempting to give it too me.

The gesture was amazing, the belt was stunning but the fact this old man was willing to give me the belt off his own pants is huge. I felt honoured. - by MrCharisma
A referral to someone else is the best!

The best of the best to you.

MitchM - by MitchM
I don't know if this was the best, but it was a personal favourite of mine;

I had built rapport with an older couple and organized their contract subscription which they were pleased with the product and myself. On going they would continue to visit well after they were enjoying the product.

Anyway, one day while talking, I complemented the gentlemen on his belt buckle. It was a nice heritage looking belt of a Maltese cross. I have Maltese blood and soon after realizing this, he began to take the belt right out of his pants in front of me... attempting to give it too me.

The gesture was amazing, the belt was stunning but the fact this old man was willing to give me the belt off his own pants is huge. I felt honoured.
That is a fantastic story and speaks highly of both you and him! - by Skip Anderson
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.