Home > Personal Selling > How do you handle competition between collegue?

How do you handle competition between collegue?

I'm a trainee sales consultant since one week. I'm feeling more and more confident in my new role (even if I have a lot to learn...).

THe experienced consultant are responsable for our training. They do a great job.

How do you start to perform without ringing the threat alarm with your collegue so that they still continue to help you and cooperate? - by RyanH
I'm a trainee sales consultant since one week. I'm feeling more and more confident in my new role (even if I have a lot to learn...).

THe experienced consultant are responsable for our training. They do a great job.

How do you start to perform without ringing the threat alarm with your collegue so that they still continue to help you and cooperate?
Hi RyanH, could you explain a little bit about how competitive your selling environment is? What's your sales team like? Do you know how veteran salespeople have worked with new salespeople in the past? - by Skip Anderson
Hi,

After 2 weeks in the company I can tell that:

The sales manager is also a sales consultant (so he is after the same comissions than us). He get a telemarketer agent who book for him the largest portion of his consultations.
Thant's why he get far more consultation and sales than everybody else. (but to be fair he is also an excelent salesman).

1 consultant is there since 1 years and half.

1 consultant is in our office since 2 weeks but have been working for the company since 4 months in another country.

2 trainee consultant are there since 4-6 weeks

I'm the new trainee since 2 weeks now.

To sell we have to get consultation with people who made an enquirie on the website company.

As trainee we are supposed to call back peoples who made an enquirie on our website and book consultations for the others consultants.

The sales manager asked us to also focus on 2nd sales with previous clients which is a good idea I believe...

Please help.. - by RyanH
Hi,

After 2 weeks in the company I can tell that:

The sales manager is also a sales consultant (so he is after the same comissions than us). He get a telemarketer agent who book for him the largest portion of his consultations.
Thant's why he get far more consultation and sales than everybody else. (but to be fair he is also an excelent salesman).

1 consultant is there since 1 years and half.

1 consultant is in our office since 2 weeks but have been working for the company since 4 months in another country.

2 trainee consultant are there since 4-6 weeks

I'm the new trainee since 2 weeks now.

To sell we have to get consultation with people who made an enquirie on the website company.

As trainee we are supposed to call back peoples who made an enquirie on our website and book consultations for the others consultants.

The sales manager asked us to also focus on 2nd sales with previous clients which is a good idea I believe...

Please help..
RyanH, thanks for the information about your situation.

In your original post, you wrote: "How do you start to perform without ringing the threat alarm with your collegue so that they still continue to help you and cooperate?"

What I'm trying to understand is "what exactly is the threat alarm?" Is your workplace so competitive that people feel they need to tear other people down to succeed themselves? Is your fear of the threat alarm centered around your manager, whom you compete against? To what degree are your colleagues helping you now? How helpful is your manager now? - by Skip Anderson
RyanH, thanks for the information about your situation.

In your original post, you wrote: "How do you start to perform without ringing the threat alarm with your collegue so that they still continue to help you and cooperate?"

What I'm trying to understand is "what exactly is the threat alarm?" Is your workplace so competitive that people feel they need to tear other people down to succeed themselves? Is your fear of the threat alarm centered around your manager, whom you compete against? To what degree are your colleagues helping you now? How helpful is your manager now?
The thing is that, this sales manager get almost 70% of the consulation requested on your website. The 2 others consultants get the rest. Us the trainee we get only the second sales and don't get any consultation.

I get some clients in my office who were already doing a threatment to upgrade them (2nd sales). But for the moment I didn't get anything.

" Is your workplace so competitive that people feel they need to tear other people down to succeed themselves?
No I don't believe that.

Is your fear of the threat alarm centered around your manager, whom you compete against?
Maybe a little bit. He is definitly good at what he does but I feel ressentful that he get all the consultation and us the trainee fight between us for some little 2nd sales ;ma

Consultation = Sales = Commissions !!!!!!!!

I'm trying to find a way to generate some leads and book for myself some consultations. I don't know how it's going to be accepted by the manager and the others consultant

I started a thread for that..

http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-7422.html

To what degree are your colleagues helping you now?
I felt that they are more helping the trainee who is there from longer than me. I may believe that they perceive me as individualist and not very sociable. But that's mostly because I'm not an english native speaker and don't talk to much

How helpful is your manager now?
My manager is answering my questions et can be helpful. I really believe he wants us to be successful but in the sames time he is running his own business...

In definitive:

I'm going to generate myself leads and book for myself consultations in a efficient way. thmbp2;

I'm going to be more sociable and friendly with my collegues and try to overcome this language complex.. thmbp2; - by RyanH
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.