Home > Sales Promotion > Trade Show Marketing

Trade Show Marketing

I have a colleague who asked me to help him out with a Trade Show. This will be his first time as an exhibitor. I've only attended a few trade shows myself so I'm currently not much help. Hence my post. :)

Does anyone have any recommendations for trade show articles, resources, etc. that I can get my hands on? - by AZBroker
No articles that I know, but if you have the neatest widget then everyone will line up at your booth. - by KeysToFlorida
AZ,

I see you're not getting a whole lot of response here. I don't know of any good articles, tho I'm sure an Internet search would turn up some. But, here are some ideas.

You have 6 seconds to capture someone's attention at a trade show. Make sure your graphics are large enough to read from a distance, and that your headline will attract attention. Letter size rule: 1" for every 10 feet of distance. So, headlines should be maybe 1.5" tall?? and lettering at least 1"? Don't put a lot of info on the graphics - people won't read it. Just grab their attention, then follow up with discussion, brochures, etc.

The most popular booths at trade shows have food. ;) Cookies, individually wrapped candy, etc. will get people to stop.

Put a fi