Home > Approach > Do you know who I am?

Do you know who I am?

I watched a television show where a celebrity wound up in some back country town where nobody knew his name. He didn't like the way he was being treated and kept asking "Do you know who I am?". I've seen it before. Same story different player.

This got me thinking about the different ways prospects treat salespeople they know compared to those they don't. You could be the leading authority on widgets but if the prospect you're with doesn't know it then you might also be asking "Do you know who I am?" - by Calvin
You could be the leading authority on widgets but if the prospect you're with doesn't know it then you might also be asking "Do you know who I am?"
Agreed. This is one of the reasons the conversion rates are lower on cold calls than referrals. - by BossMan
Agreed. This is one of the reasons the conversion rates are lower on cold calls than referrals.
What if you could close the same high percentage of the prospects you made appointments with regardless of their source? - by JacquesWerth
I must be weird, i love cold calling, often some of my best sales for the month are in a shop I've never been in before and to customers who've never heard of me.

Besides, I don't know about the rest of you but the rush i get from selling a cold call is the best part of selling. I always figure if it takes more than one call to get the customer to buy then I'm doing something wrong.

Pat - by toolguy_35
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.