Home > Personal Selling > If you could only give one piece of advice what would it be?

If you could only give one piece of advice what would it be?

After all of the time that you've spent in sales, marketing or management if you could only give one piece of advice what would it be? - by Liberty
Keep your mind on what you want and off of what you don't want. - by Slick
Make more calls. - by Gold Calling
Spend more time doing all the things you love to do for pleasure and health, recreation and family because one day that time will all run out. AND if you figure out the right balance of activity that produces a great life and you figure out how to get the success in sales you want you'll be very happy.

MitchM - by MitchM
Never lie to yourself.

You've done nothing to deserve the ramifications of doing so. - by Joe Closer
Be consistent and persistent. - by salespro
Matthew 22: 36-40.

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

38This is the first and greatest commandment.

39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." - by FollowUpMaster
Treat sales training and all learning (personal development) as a process and NOT an event. - by Gold Calling
After all of the time that you've spent in sales, marketing or management if you could only give one piece of advice what would it be?
Listen to your prospect very carefuly they will tell you how to sell them. - by Mr. Cesario
You Gotta Believe!!

Success,

Rory Wilfong - by rwilfong
Never give up.

After being in the sales training business for 20 years, I can honestly say that my longevity was due to never giving up. When training was down, I figured out another way to make money. If a product stopped selling, I developed another product.

People just tend to give up too quickly, especially when times are tough. As long as you love what you're doing, and truly believe in your craft, keep working until something positive happens - the harder you work, the luckier you get. - by Mike Whitty
Never give up.

After being in the sales training business for 20 years, I can honestly say that my longevity was due to never giving up. When training was down, I figured out another way to make money. If a product stopped selling, I developed another product.

People just tend to give up too quickly, especially when times are tough. As long as you love what you're doing, and truly believe in your craft, keep working until something positive happens - the harder you work, the luckier you get.
Well said Mr. Whitty all too often people want to take the easy route out, and you can't do that in this emotional roller coaster that we call sales... Never give up, and never loose focus on the big picture. - by Mr. Cesario
Plan your sales calls, Plan your prospecting, Plan your office time

Plan your new year the last week of the year, Plan each quarter and adjust your yearly plan on the last day of the previous quarter, Plan each month and adjust your yearly plan the last day of the previous month, Plan each week on Saturday or Sunday for the next week, Plan each day on the previous day, plan each activity for that day always leaving room for prospecting.
By plan, I mean, for the activity or period of time, write down what materials you will need, what you expect from this activity or period of time, how will this activity move the process forward.

Share your plan with your spouse, your manager and a trusted colleague.
- by Pittsburgh
Priorities:

1. God

2. Family

3. Self

4. Career

Don't get 'em mixed up. - by Mr Paul
Decide early on whether this is a job or a career. If it is a career don't let anyone control the rate at which you learn. Buy books and training programs, goto seminars, read blogs, white papers, and articles to stay current and uncover new trends.

Learn, learn, learn! Become a learning machine. Google everything you don't understand and everything you think you understand.

If your company offers sales training or implements new sales tools, be an early adopter. Learn about the sales process, strategy and tactics. Learn how to ask good questions and how to listen. Learn what works and why it works.

Learn how to measure your own performance. Learn what are your key performance indicators (activities and results). Learn what it means to be productive, efficient and effective.

Learn about your: clients/customers/prospects, market, products and competitors. Learn about your client's/customer's/prospect's buying process, and their customers and competitors.

Sales is one of the best careers in the world. It warrants the effort it takes to become an elite high performance professional. Development is a process not an event, so have a life long mindset of continuous performance improvement and actively seek out mentors along the way.

Never stop learning! - by mnicksjr
Diversify. Study the market, watch the trends, anticipate the future - not what is current, adjust your sales campaign, and market to that future. - by Write4Me
All good advice. I think the keep on learning piece is very important. Keep an open mind, read, analyze, and learn. :) - by waynelong
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.