Home > Customer Service > Customer Service Wish List

Customer Service Wish List

As a consumer, what do you want in the way of customer service before and after the sale?

For instance, before the sale I would like store personnel to be friendly, knowledgable and accessible.

After the sale I would like some form of support for questions or problems I might have with the product/service.

Is that asking too much? - by Houston
As a consumer, what do you want in the way of customer service before and after the sale?

For instance, before the sale I would like store personnel to be friendly, knowledgable and accessible.

After the sale I would like some form of support for questions or problems I might have with the product/service.

Is that asking too much?
That is not asking too much, unfortunately, it's asking more than alot of companies offer. There is nothing worse for me than calling a help line listed on a product and having to wait on hold for a half hour because their call centre is under-staffed.:mad: - by Doc MC
I just had a delightful customer service experience today. I was hesitant to call, because I had a feeling I'd just get a glossed-over yes answer so I buy. I was pleasantly surprised when the rep admitted she didn't know, and would be back in a few moments after she looked it up! She came back very quickly.

That experience really boosted my confidence...much better than a sales person who pretends to know all the answers! - by Terri Zwierzynski
Is that asking too much?
You've described what I would consider to be a "standard" level of customer service.

By standard I mean that this is the level of service that I believe a typical consumer would generally expect to receive. - by Gilbert
The one thing I hate when calling Customer Service is when they Bounce you around from Operator to Operator. You waited for 30 mins finally you get someone you start talking they say hold on will transfer you wait please then the other person wait please will transfer you again. It takes 1 person to Convince you and Sign you or buy there product but when you call for customer service they bounce you around like a ball. - by Sanddollar
Well, if every company did do follow up calls, then the "do not call " list would grow.

What is it now? Six months after any transaction that you can contact? Personally, I think the follow up call is a great touch. Before the purchase, one has to be there as an advisor, not a salesperson. After the sale, being there for the customer keeps the door open.

One more note. We, of course, can go down a product knowledge trail; but the confidence to compare honestly with your competitors at the start makes for a better trusting client.

Ed Callais - by Ed Callais
One more note. We, of course, can go down a product knowledge trail; but the confidence to compare honestly with your competitors at the start makes for a better trusting client.
Good point Ed. - by AZBroker
Of course there are many things I'd like in an ideal situation, but if I feel like it is a lost cause trying to reach a live person--nothing is more infuriating. Conversely, if I get someone who is personal and accessible, I can tolerate a lot of incompetence without blowing my top.

By accessible, I mean:
-available by phone if I don't want to wait for an email reply because my problem is more urgent.
-A person who is willing to take responsiblity for my situation by providing their name and extension or direct line
-A person who replies to calls and emails promptly - by RainMaker
By accessible, I mean:
-available by phone if I don't want to wait for an email reply because my problem is more urgent.
-A person who is willing to take responsiblity for my situation by providing their name and extension or direct line
-A person who replies to calls and emails promptly
Large companies sometimes have policies about the customer service reps doing anything personal anymore. Reason why - in an enviroment of employees coming and going, the only ones that will semi-guaranteed to be there is supervisors. - by Ed Callais

Is that asking too much?
you are right.I think so .generally in my sales work ,I try to become a good friend with the distrubor .In china ,friendship is suporior to your businesss.
and after the sales ,what I can do is to solve the question which our client face with in his sale managerment .of course ,by a salesman ,you should give some good advice or plan on how to make your produce sale better in the district. All of all ,service is very important not only to you,but also to your company.
and what do you think ? - by allen
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.