Home > Management > Friday Morning Motivational Clips

Friday Morning Motivational Clips

I wanted to get your opinion on something I have been working on for a bit between web work and selling. I am sold that becoming an expert in your field is vital to future success, as well as providing free quality information, and I have invested hundreds of hours into listening to the top sales gurus in the field via audio over and over.

I used to buy sales and motivation material off of ebay by the lot and get great deals on Tracy, Ziglar, Schiffman, Waitley, Kyosaki, Peters, tons and tons of stuff. Some I liked, some I didn't, but it was all educational and a great way to spend time in the truck while driving between appts or on the bike at the gym.

Until you grow in skill enough to learn to listen to what your potential customer is REALLY saying, and to learn to ask the right questions, you cannot properly serve them like they truly need.

I have started to convert my old cassettes to mp3's with a free internet program on my computer. I have then been chopping up some of my favorite parts and loading them as flash files on my site for our Friday Morning Sales Meetings. I used to do this for training and motivation while managing a small sales force, but I am now thinking about opening this up for my clients.

These versions are not downloadable, as they play in a flash player, and they are snippets of one of the programs with credit to where a user can find the complete material on Amazon. Will this impact me in any way to open this up to the public from a liability or copywrite perspective? I really don't know the rules, but have a passion for sharing what I have learned. If anything, I think it might drive authors more sales if something strikes a chord with a listener.

love to get some qualified feedback on this page I am considering launching and linking to the main page of my site.

www.telephoneguru.net/sales/salesguru.html

You guys are the first to see it. Thanks. - by Telephone Guru
All around bad idea!

MitchM - by MitchM
Agree with the others, it's currently copyright infringement.

However, there is a way you could do achieve what you want. Couldn't you find a way to sell all these titles as an affiliate of some online audio learning distributor / seller?

That way, you could kill lots of birds with one stone: inspire people, promote the audio products and make money doing it. - by Sam Deeks
That way, you could kill lots of birds with one stone: inspire people, promote the audio products and make money doing it.
That's a great idea Sam. thmbp2; - by Gilbert
Agree with the others, it's currently copyright infringement.

However, there is a way you could do achieve what you want. Couldn't you find a way to sell all these titles as an affiliate of some online audio learning distributor / seller?

That way, you could kill lots of birds with one stone: inspire people, promote the audio products and make money doing it.
I'll have to look into it. Just seems there should be a way to do it legally. I know you can get an affiliate link to Amazon, but not sure it that would cut it. Hadn't thought of it as a money maker at all, but maybe I'll have to treat it that way if I want to keep it up and accessible. I currently do not have it indexed.

thank you to all for the input. If anyone is familiar with how to set up an affiliate that might work with this, I welcome the input. thanks. - by Telephone Guru
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.