Home > Approach > Always Not Free??!!

Always Not Free??!!

Dear all,

I have encounter the problem where always the person who i'm going to meet or set up the appointment, is always say not free.

Call no answer and email sometimes also no reply.

is there any idea or tactique to cath and secure the appointment?
Pls advise. - by deUnique
Set your appointments on a quarter hour. Meaning 6:15, 10:45, 8:15. It sounds more precise. Statistics say people are 58% more likely to show or call if set on a quarter hour. Also, make them write it down... simply say "While we're on the phone, I'm going to give you some information; do you have a pen handy; or would you like for me to wait while you grab one?" The say "Perfect. My name is spelled T-O-B-I-A-S, I have us written down to meet on Friday, December 6th at 10:15 am.; My phone numbe ris 303-827-4785... if you need it to be a little earlier or later; would you mind giving me a call so that I can rescedule to accomodate you? (they'll answer yes, if you're polite and helpful sounding) Then say "Thank you, I look forward to meeting you in person." or something nice.

Either / Ors to tie down appointments if somebody is vague:

This Month or Next Month? This Month.
This Week or Next week? This Week.
Earlier or Later in the Week? Later.
Okay, Would Friday or Saturday be best? Friday.
Morning, Afternoon, or Evening? Morning.
Would Later, or Earlier be best? Later.
Excellent, I have a 9:15 or 10:45 slot open, which would you prefer? 10:45

Then continue: Excellent, do you have a pen handy or...

If somebody tries " Uhh, we'll be there around 6". Simply say, "No problem, let me check my schedule (pause for a moment)... I have a 5:15 opening and a 6:15 opening, which would you prefer?" Then make them write it down.

Like all sales skills, practice makes perfect. Make them yours. - by FollowUpMaster
Set your appointments on a quarter hour. Meaning 6:15, 10:45, 8:15. It sounds more precise. Statistics say people are 58% more likely to show or call if set on a quarter hour. Also, make them write it down... simply say "While we're on the phone, I'm going to give you some information; do you have a pen handy; or would you like for me to wait while you grab one?" The say "Perfect. My name is spelled T-O-B-I-A-S, I have us written down to meet on Friday, December 6th at 10:15 am.; My phone numbe ris 303-827-4785... if you need it to be a little earlier or later; would you mind giving me a call so that I can rescedule to accomodate you? (they'll answer yes, if you're polite and helpful sounding) Then say "Thank you, I look forward to meeting you in person." or something nice.

Either / Ors to tie down appointments if somebody is vague:

This Month or Next Month? This Month.
This Week or Next week? This Week.
Earlier or Later in the Week? Later.
Okay, Would Friday or Saturday be best? Friday.
Morning, Afternoon, or Evening? Morning.
Would Later, or Earlier be best? Later.
Excellent, I have a 9:15 or 10:45 slot open, which would you prefer? 10:45

Then continue: Excellent, do you have a pen handy or...

If somebody tries " Uhh, we'll be there around 6". Simply say, "No problem, let me check my schedule (pause for a moment)... I have a 5:15 opening and a 6:15 opening, which would you prefer?" Then make them write it down.

Like all sales skills, practice makes perfect. Make them yours.
Good advice, Fum. - by Skip Anderson
Great post thmbp2; I will try this - by guamie
deUnique, perhaps your issue has to do with your style/approach. Your issue doesn't relate to time management ... maybe your prospects simply aren't interested.

Ask yourself a question, "Would you grant an appointment based on what your prospects are hearing?". After all, why should an appointment be expected: have you earned the right to meet with your prospects? What's in it for them?

When a telemarketer calls me, I turn cold. Our household has never purchased anything which was initiated by a telemarketer. None of them have created a style which appeals to me, so, I refuse to waste my personal time being "pitched".

You need to review your entire approach. Find someone in your firm who is successful, identify what makes them a winner and weave that into your style.

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat - by OUTSource Sales
Pat,
The leads are potential and they are interested in the product.
But they always hassle and busy with their daily job tasks so they will always focus their daily task first.

So when i call and confirm with them the appointment, when the date / time is reach, before im going to meet them, i'll call and reconfirm again.So they will no pick up or say suddenly have meeting to attend and has to postpone the appointment with me.

What should i do?

deUnique - by deUnique
deUnique, Do you honestly believe them when they confirm your appointments? When you confirm the call, do they know what it is you'll be talking about?

It seems from what you've said that they are not commited to what's transpired so far. You really need to get a level of closure beyond simply the appointment time.

Take what Follow-Master has suggested and weave it into your dialogue on the phone: Close them and confirm the details. Ensure that you leave a number for them to call back if there's an issue. Then, show up promptly at the appointment time 'ready-to-go'!! Don't give them the opportunity (on the phone) to disconnect with you ...

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat - by OUTSource Sales
Thanks Pat, a great reply. Appreciated.
Will try this out, for sure... thmbp2; - by deUnique
Great read mate sn;

I had read that years ago but forgotten, thank you for posting msnwnk; - by PiJiL
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.