Home > Presentation > "The Ear Bob Shop" Presentation

"The Ear Bob Shop" Presentation

So yes, I am doing a Sales presentation on my "store" the "Ear Bob Shop". So far it's been pretty easy, but I'm a little stuck on this one part of it. My sales presentation is on selling earrings, and I'm trying to sell a particular pair of "Russian" glass bluebird earrings. My instructor says that we can make up certain "traits" or whatever for our products if it'll help us sell it, and during the presentation we're both pretending that it's true, and I'm not lying about it being Russian just to get a sale. So for the sake of it, just think of the earrings as Russian. Anywho, They're tiny bluebird earrings with little orange beaks. They're not flat. Other than saying "not flat" I'm not sure how to describe it. erm;

I'm doing the "features and benefits" part of it, and I need at least 5-6 features and benefits, and I only have 4 right now:

Feature

Benefit

A. The Blown glass

Makes it lightweight on the ears.
B. Russian style is
Durable & not easily broken.

C. Hooks
Slide in the ear holes easily.

D. Metal hooks
Are made with surgical steel so no chance of her breaking out.

Thats what I have and I can't really think of anything else to say as a helpful feature/benefit.
So can any of you help me out with this, please? :dun;sm - by Sokka
These are just a few tweaks and additions to consider for your list of features:

1. Custom hand blown Artisan glass.
2. Hand crafted Russian construction.
3. 25mm Eurowire.
4. Ergonomic hook design.
5. 316L Surgical stainless steel.
6. Rare "Heritage" style.
7. Stamped w/designers mark and serial number. - by Mikey
These are just a few tweaks and additions to consider for your list of features:

1. Custom hand blown Artisan glass.
2. Hand crafted Russian construction.
3. 25mm Eurowire.
4. Ergonomic hook design.
5. 316L Surgical stainless steel.
6. Rare "Heritage" style.
7. Stamped w/designers mark and serial number.
Yes, I can tell your an expert, thank you! sn; - by Sokka
Yes, I can tell your an expert, thank you!
Hey Thanks. sn;

Have you decided which buying motives you want to target for the benefits portion? - by Mikey
Yes, I think I have. ^_^ At any rate, my presentation is today! Yikes!

Feature
Custom hand blown Arisan Glass
Benefit
Makes it lightweight on the ears.

Feature
Hand crafted Russian construction
Benefit
Durable & not easily broken.

Feature
25mm Eurowire
Benefit
Slide in the ear holes easily.

Feature
Ergonomic hook design
Benefit
Are made with surgical steel so no chance of break outs.

Feature
Stamped w/designers mark
Benefit
Makes these earrings unique.

Also in the presentation we're supposed to prepare three responses for 3 objections, and we get to pick both. But I don't really know a good response for the "This is too expensive" objection. I have a response for it on my outline, but I get the feeling that it's not that great. :un On my outline I have "Considering they were imported from Russian, they're actually cheaper.... blah blah blah." I feel embarressed about it typing it up here for everyone to see. erm; Do you think you could help me with that, too? :dun - by Sokka
Also in the presentation we're supposed to prepare three responses for 3 objections, and we get to pick both. But I don't really know a good response for the "This is too expensive" objection. I have a response for it on my outline, but I get the feeling that it's not that great. :un On my outline I have "Considering they were imported from Russian, they're actually cheaper.... blah blah blah." I feel embarressed about it typing it up here for everyone to see. erm; Do you think you could help me with that, too? :dun
Sokka, please don't be embarassed!

I believe the most important task when a prospect raises an objection is to:

FIRST, Validate the prospect ("Thank you for sharing that information with me" or any of dozens of other validation statements). This helps the prospect from getting immediately defensive. And it's humane.

SECONDLY, many salespeople present arguments why the prospect's objection isn't valid, but this isn't a good strategy. Instead, get the prospect talking about his objection. This keeps the prospect in dialogue rather than shutting you down, and also lets you find more information about the prospect's objection, which will tell you what to do next.

Open-ended questions are in order when getting the prospect to talk about his objection. I like:

- What price were you hoping to pay?
- How much too high is the price?
- Please tell me more. (I know that isn't a question, but it gets the prospect talking).

THIRD, you need to react to the objection. For the specific objection you mentioned, you need to either give the prospect information so that the value of your product has increased from his point-of-view, or lower your price, or let the prospect be a "no sale." How you do this depends upon the specific details of his objection.

I hope that helps!

Skip Anderson - by Skip Anderson
Okay, I've tried to post a reply to this twice now and it's not showing up. :cu Whats the deal here?

Jeff Blackwell: It's not as helpful as I was hoping, but thanks for responding. ^_^ =]

I need a response to this objection that is short and makes the product seem more worthy of the $20 I'm charging. My sales presentation needs to be 10 minutes or less, preferably less. More than 10 minutes long and it starts taking off my grade. The class is only 50 minutes long and 3 other people need to give their presentations today as well.

Also we're supposed to figure tax for our product, and I'm terrible at math. *gulp* I th ink that sales tax is 0.04 a dollar, but I'm not sure how to calculate what the total would be with the tax included. Do you think it'd be possible for me to say there IS no tax because the product was imported?:dun

How does this sound:

"I'm glad you brought that up. This is a high quality product, imported from Russia. And I can assure you it is well worth the $20."

:dun :dun

EDIT: Sales tax is actually 0.07, not 0.04. >< - by Sokka
Okay, I've tried to post a reply to this twice now and it's not showing up. :cu Whats the deal here?
Hello Sokka. New member posts are automatically held in a moderation que anytime the posts contain hyperlinks. Once a moderator approves the post it shows up in the forum.

Also we're supposed to figure tax for our product, and I'm terrible at math. *gulp* I th ink that sales tax is 0.04 a dollar, but I'm not sure how to calculate what the total would be with the tax included. Do you think it'd be possible for me to say there IS no tax because the product was imported?:dun
Multiplying the sales tax rate (.04) by the sales price ($20) gives you the sales tax ($.80). It's possible there isn't an Import tax of some type however in your area there is probably a State and/or Local sales tax. - by Jeff Blackwell
Hello Sokka. New member posts are automatically held in a moderation que anytime the posts contain hyperlinks. Once a moderator approves the post it shows up in the forum.
Oh, sorry about that. I didn't know. :un Uhh, whats a hyper link? I didn't know I put any in it?

But anywho. Thanks for all your help, everyone! I really appreciate it a lot. hpy3;

I did my sales presentation about an hour ago. I had to start over because right at the beginning the first time I got so nervous I went totally blank and I thought I was either going to black out, throw up, or cry if I said anything, and I know my face turned very beet red. >< Finally the teacher was like, "Are you alright?" *shake head* And then he gave me a 5 minute break to calm down before starting over again. I did a LOT better the 2nd time and all your information helped me immensley and I really do appreciate it! sn; So thanks again, you guys.lagh2; - by Sokka
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.