Home > Presentation > Do you craft benefits around buying motives?

Do you craft benefits around buying motives?

When you're presenting the features of your service or product do you craft the benefits around the customer's buying motives or do you present the features only and let the customer fill in the benefits? - by realtor
i dont see how you could be much of a salesman if you didnt do that so yes, i do that - by BobSales
i dont see how you could be much of a salesman if you didnt do that so yes, i do that
I asked that because I thought that was a big thing with High Probability Selling, presenting just the features and not the benefits. - by realtor
My B2B background has me firmly entrenched in the benefits camp.

Given that the SR cannot know in advance which features are appealing, to lead with a features-dump would be hit-or-miss. Rather than take that chance, why not feel out the prospect for what appeals, how to prioritize these, and drive home the related benefits?

Besides, when you get deeply into 'needs' vs 'wants', you're portraying an interest in your customer.

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat - by OUTSource Sales
Customers buy products & services because of benefits, not because of features. But there are a boatload of salespeople out there who - regrettably - only focus on features, but they most certainly could boost