Home > Education > Sandler Training

Sandler Training

Has anyone ever checked into the Sandler Selling System? I've seen a lot of positive feedback but I'm more interested in knowing what is involved. Is it a continuous program of classes and seminars? Is it a 10-week course? Those kinds of things. - by Houston
Has anyone ever checked into the Sandler Selling System? I've seen a lot of positive feedback but I'm more interested in knowing what is involved. Is it a continuous program of classes and seminars? Is it a 10-week course? Those kinds of things.
It's franchised. I don't know the format for their training, although I am familiar with their material and the premises they base it on. You could probably be directed to your local trainer off the Sandler web site. The programs might vary from trainer to trainer. - by Gary Boye
Thanks Gary. What was your impression about the material? - by Houston
Thanks Gary. What was your impression about the material?
Well, you know David Sandler passed away a few years ago. I read his published material--book and articles--and I became a fan. I had lunch once with the guy who owned the franchise in WNY. I got the idea that the Sandler System is effective--contrarian to be sure--but I would seriously review the credentials of anyone who teaches it.

I would say that if I adopted his system, I could make it work for me. I still use his "striplining" technique in some cases.

I have a neighbor and former classmate who is successful in an environmental waste management company that he owns. I learned that he took the training but I've never discussed it with him.

Actually, I know this sounds weird--but I thought it was a fun way to look at selling. One caveat: David Sandler said that all selling was manipulation. I know that sounds bad--but he didn't speak of manipulation as being a bad thing--just reality. - by Gary Boye
Thanks again Gary. I'll surf the net and see if I can find any materials. - by Houston
Thanks again Gary. I'll surf the net and see if I can find any materials.
Houston, consider buying a copy of Sandler's book, "You can't teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar." I'm reading the book right now and the material is excellent. - by Agent Smith
That word manipulation has a nice sound to it, Gary - every artist better learn how to manipulate the materials he uses and the most successful ones manipulate the marketing and promotions they do to get their work into the paying world.

To me that's sales - smartly manipulating the variables you have in front of you - some goods/services and some people to contact about them - then fitting together what's supposed to fit together and letting the rest fall away like the clay you cut off a work of pottery you form.

I don't know this Sandler or any of his material - just some casual observations here rather ordinary I'd guess but something to post.

Best to all.

MitchM - by MitchM
AS, how do you like Sandler's material compared to SPIN Selling? - by AZBroker
Has anyone ever checked into the Sandler Selling System? I've seen a lot of positive feedback but I'm more interested in knowing what is involved. Is it a continuous program of classes and seminars? Is it a 10-week course? Those kinds of things.
The Sandler Sales Institute does offer "The President's Club".
President's Club is a comprehensive approach to sales training that offers you more than 15 hours of classroom sessions each month, including a combination of workshop training and problem-solving clinics. Come as often as you need. Your President's Club membership is a dynamic, ongoing learning experience comprised of mutual support and personal coaching. The President's Club provides a safe environment in which to build your skills, ask "real world" questions, and face your toughest sales problems.
- by SpeedRacer
AS, how do you like Sandler's material compared to SPIN Selling?
I like Sandler's material a lot. Have you read the book yet? - by Agent Smith
I like Sandler's material a lot. Have you read the book yet?
Yes, I read the book you mentioned earlier this year. I will be reading it again in the coming months. :) - by AZBroker
This forum thread on Sandler Training is now closed. For additional discussions on Sandler Training please start a new thread in the sales training forum. - by Jeff Blackwell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.